• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Seattle Mariners

Chuck

I watch a lot of mariners games when the Angels don't play (the hate runs deep ever since Dipoto & Servias ran away) & I gotta say they have a good offense. Cano & Cruz still have it although they seem to dog often to prevent injury. Whether or not they are a part of the wildcard race depends on their thin pitching staff. They've been on a good run but I don't expect it to last long. 

Either way...F*ck the mariners!

Mariners offense is pretty damn good and Edwin Diaz is a legit stud closer. Their rotation is incredibly weak though so I don't see them hanging in this race all year long....but they're in the conversation

It's still early but right now the AL is shaping up to be a race between the Angels, Astros, Mariners, Yankees, Red Sox, Blue Jays, Indians, and Twins battling for 5 playoff spots. Don't see any other team in the AL jumping into this group. A's and Rays are likely the next best of the bunch but I don't see either team finishing anything better than .500

5 hours ago, bloodbrother said:

Their rotation is incredibly weak though so I don't see them hanging in this race all year long....but they're in the conversation

It's almost a sure thing that Dipoto swings a trade or two to address this, so if they stay in the race up until that point, they certainly will remain in the mix. 

That FO and fanbase is pretty desperate to just make the playoffs at this point - and when you're desperate, you'll make stupid trades to get there. They don't have much left to deal but they could still land a good arm with the couple prospects they have and/or eat some money on a guy like Ian Kennedy and it'd help their staff enough.

16 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

But outside of Paxton's emergence, the rotation has as many holes as Swiss cheese.

Leake is either terrible and gets absolutely shelled, or he's effective. Marco is about on-par with what we had with Skaggs or Heaney when they were on the mound. 

Its definitely not enough as is to stay in the mix, but I expect them to nab a stable vet to eat some innings (Tyson Ross? Ian Kennedy? Fiers?) and there's nothing really stopping them from gutting the rest of the farm for someone 'good' - Straily, Duffy, etc.

Let's apply all the same logic to the M's that their fans at Lookout Landing put on the Angels..

According to those Ms fans...  

The Angels haven't played anyone.   SoS, Angels .514., Mariners .490 
The Angels offense sucks.   OPS+,  Angels 112. Mariners 109
The Angels pitching staff sucks and the SP is suspect.   ERA+,  Angels 109, Mariners 91.   SP ERA, Angels 4.20, Mariners 4.87.  AL Average is 4.34
The Angels bullpen is awful.  BP ERA, 3.60, Mariners 4.32.   AL Average 4.20
The Angels defense is overrated.  Def Eff, Angels .704, Mariners .695.  DRS,  Angels 9, Mariners (-8) yes -- thats a negative.
The Angels record is misleading.  Exp W/L,  Angels 22-15 - Mariners 18-18.  Their run differential is 1.

It's nice to see Angel fans aren't dismissing other teams as easily as our friends to the north.   Even when the data argues people here might be overrating them almost as much as they are underrating the Angels.

Bless their hearts...

Edited by Inside Pitch

14 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Let's apply all the same logic to the M's that their fans at Lookout Landing put on the Angels..

According to those Ms fans...  

The Angels haven't played anyone.   SoS, Angels .514., Mariners .490 
The Angels offense sucks.   OPS+,  Angels 112. Mariners 109
The Angels pitching staff sucks and the SP is suspect.   ERA+,  Angels 109, Mariners 91.   SP ERA, Angels 4.20, Mariners 4.87.  AL Average is 4.34
The Angels bullpen is awful.  BP ERA, 3.60, Mariners 4.32.   AL Average 4.20
The Angels defense is overrated.  Def Eff, Angels .704, Mariners .695.  DRS,  Angels 9, Mariners (-8) yes -- thats a negative.
The Angels record is misleading.  Exp W/L,  Angels 22-15 - Mariners 18-18.  Their run differential is 1.

It's nice to see Angel fans aren't dismissing other teams as easily as our friends to the north.   Even when the data argues people here might be overrating them almost as much as they are underrating the Angels.

Bless their hearts...

You should post that over there.

The Mariners are basically in win now mode because Dipoto has gradually dismantled their farm system in the same way he dismantled our farm system.

Personally, I hope the Mariners DO stay in contention for most of the season, until the very end.  The more "competitive" they are, the more likely Dipoto stays put, the more likely things stay the same there.  I want them to be just good enough to almost make it but not quite.  It'll ensure at least a few more years of more of the same, until they realize they have no young talent to come up and play for them.  

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Bless their hearts...

It's the rain

and the stupidity