• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If you could start a baseball team with one young star....

Chuck

Which young superstar would you select to start your franchise with?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. If you could start a baseball team with one young star....

• Shohei Ohtani (23 yrs old) - Baseball America's #2 prospect has slashed .344/.394/.623 w 4 HR, 3 W's, 32 K's in 26 IP, 1.18 WHIP, 4.10 ERA
    • Ronald Acuna (19 yrs old) - Baseball America's #1 prospect has slashed .302/.351/.566 with 6 HR in 13 games with the Braves
    • Vladimir Guerrero Jr. (19 yrs old) - 387/.440/.651 with 5 HR, 35 RBI, 12 BB against just 12 K's.
    • Juan Soto (19 yrs old) - .372/.476/.802 with a minor league leading 1.278 OPS (12 HR), 25 BB, 21 K's.
    • Walker Buehler (23 years old) - 13 IP, 16 K's, 2.08 ERA in the minors, 25 1/3 IP, 31 K's, 3.55 ERA in the big leagues. (Hits 100mph with heater)

2 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

This brings up an interesting hypothetical. If said pitcher was injured and could not pitch, would he remain on the roster as a DH, continuing to add value to the team?

1. I don't know if my team is in the AL.

2. I don't think a guy can DH with a UCL tear, or for that matter very many injuries that would keep a guy from pitching.

3. If this is the case then would he be a better hitter than the position players listed?

eater said it better than I could.  I think the risk of injury scared me away from picking Ohtani.  If we could guarantee health out of all of these players, I would pick Ohtani in a landslide.  However if I had to choose the offense of Ohtani versus the offense of Acuna, I go with Acuna.  

As a hitter..  Ohtani > Acuna.

Sorry. Not sorry.

Acuna screams failure down the road when teams figure him out. He's already hitting under .300 and before his promotion he scuffles against 4-A pitching. 

7 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Sorry. Not sorry.

Acuna screams failure down the road when teams figure him out. He's already hitting under .300 and before his promotion he scuffles against 4-A pitching. 

Isn't he 19?

53 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Sorry. Not sorry.

Strong homerism Chuck.