• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade Market!!!!

So let’s get the rumors started!!!!! Fletcher said Saturday night to chuck and I in Seattle I thought was crazy at the time but now I would do the trade in a New York Min. Jo Adell for Michael Fuller plus another guy or 2. 

We need a front line starter if we wanna be playing with Houston. 

Thoughts????

I get it but to get a guy that is locked down for 4 more years all day!!!!! Plus we don’t know what we have with Adell. Bullpen yes we do need the help but not trading top farm guys for bullpen guys. Fulmer would fit right into the rotation. Archer price still to high I think. 

20 minutes ago, Angelsfan626 said:

So let’s get the rumors started!!!!! Fletcher said Saturday night to chuck and I in Seattle I thought was crazy at the time but now I would do the trade in a New York Min. Jo Adell for Michael Fuller plus another guy or 2. 

Thoughts????

I'm not getting rid of Adell yet, unless its for a big time cost controlled difference maker. Fulmer is good but I wouldn't call him a franchise player. I think Adell could be a franchise player. For fulmer I would start with Jahmi Jones and go from there.

The thought of a adell, Marsh and Trout outfield sounds ridiculous.

50 minutes ago, Sherlock31 said:

No, the rotation had been solid, we need bullpen help more than anything.

And I don't want to give away Adell that fast, the kid got mad potential.

I couldn't say yes or no on this trade...but let's be honest here...the Angels rotation considers the starter going more than 5 innings a good thing...it is far from solid

Future is NOW win NOW Brandon Wood worked well for us!!!!! Trout has 3 more years left sorry but time is nownot latter if we get a front of the rotation kinda guy I am down!!! Even if St. Louis falls out of it. They have pitching coming up I would even take a chance on Carlos Martinez 

10 minutes ago, red321 said:

I couldn't say yes or no on this trade...but let's be honest here...the Angels rotation considers the starter going more than 5 innings a good thing...it is far from solid

So... how does one guy putting in at best a couple extra innings every 5th day help more than a guy that can come in 4-5 days a week?

We need quality reliever far more than we need a SP with this staff.   One starter wont change the load on the pen, one good reliever can take a lot of strain off them needed to go deeper.

SP are over payed and over valued IMO.  I would rather have 5 lights out relievers than 5 starters all day.  Lets the starters go 6, if the pen is good enough its all we need.   You put so much money into one guy, if he falters, you have nothing behind him.  This roster as it stands does not need an ace, it needs lockdown in the pen.  One starter will costs too much in trade, and wont make enough difference.

3 minutes ago, floplag said:

So... how does one guy putting in at best a couple extra innings every 5th day help more than a guy that can come in 4-5 days a week?

We need quality reliever far more than we need a SP with this staff.   One starter wont change the load on the pen, one good reliever can take a lot of strain off them needed to go deeper.

SP are over payed and over valued IMO.  I would rather have 5 lights out relievers than 5 starters all day.  Lets the starters go 6, if the pen is good enough its all we need.   You put so much money into one guy, if he falters, you have nothing behind him.  This roster as it stands does not need an ace, it needs lockdown in the pen.  One starter will costs too much in trade, and wont make enough difference.

I don't recall making any comments regarding the bullpen...the question was about a starter.

I would expect the Angels to make additions in both areas.

52 minutes ago, red321 said:

The talent is there though, the command should re-emerge even more as the season progresses to lower pitch counts and thus increase the innings.   Nine straight solid starts pitching into the 6th inning is a start.   

Maybe Mike Krukow wasn't smoking too much good stuff when he said this rotation has as much talent as almost any in MLB.   Future health is the biggest thing, as it would be for any pitcher including Fulmer.   At least with the pitchers you develop or trade for from other teams' farms, you get to understand their nuances (physical and mental) before getting here, much more than those veterans being acquired.  

Think the D-Backs and Red Sux wish they could have a do over on Grienke and Price at those salaries?

2 hours ago, Angelsfan626 said:

Thoughts????

Dont want to even consider trading Adell or any of our top outfield prospects until we know the complete future of our CF

Way, way too early to seriously consider trades. A lot can happen between now and July.  Key players can emerge out of nowhere (a la Justin Anderson), unforeseen injuries can happen, etc...

We are playing well right now and have a lot of exciting things going on.  Let’s enjoy the games ahead of us, then as July comes around, we can better ascertain our true needs and go from there.

1 hour ago, red321 said:

I don't recall making any comments regarding the bullpen...the question was about a starter.

I would expect the Angels to make additions in both areas.

Fair enough, my mistake.  I simply hope they prioritize the bullpen as it will have far more impact given our roster.