• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Boy Scouts are Finished

Just now, Kurt Swanson said:

Been many centuries but my pinewood derby car had lead weights installed.  Sure the cheating has become much more sophisticated. 

They sell lead weights at the scout shop. You can do pretty much whatever to the car you would want as long as it makes weight.

3 minutes ago, Thomas said:

They sell lead weights at the scout shop. You can do pretty much whatever to the car you would want as long as it makes weight.

Ya in my day you were not allowed to.  I won't say I pioneered it but they caught on that is what all the dads were doing anyway, thus what you said.  I think I was in during the decade they didn't weight them. 

In the Adventist church we have our own version of scouts called Pathfinders. It's coed and all kids have the same options for activities and earning merit badges. It's worked well for us for over 50 years. We also do campouts for all members without any problems. It's a great option for kids in our church and has been very well supported throughout the decades of its existence.

that being said, I'd prefer to see the BSA and GSA remain separate, and that there be a third option/organization available that's coed. I think it's important for boys and girls to have opportunities that are intended just for them, and that it isn't some grand political or social statement to keep others out. Boys should be allowed to be boys, and girls should be allowed to be girls, especially in this day and age where gender lines are so blurry at times. 

I hate seeing people sue to break into something like the BSA. Use your energy to create something new! If the GSA aren't doing enough challenging activities, talk to your local leadership about improving the program. That seems like a no-brainer to me.

Edited by Tank

On 5/11/2018 at 10:21 PM, Tank said:

I hate seeing people sue to break into something like the BSA. Use your energy to create something new! If the GSA aren't doing enough challenging activities, talk to your local leadership about improving the program. That seems like a no-brainer to me

Exactly what good does talking to the local leadership do when the programs are developed at the national level? I'm utterly baffled by the confusion on this. The two organizations are so different that it's hard to even imagine it. Your suggestion would be like going to McDonald's and complaining to the employees that there are no burritos. (Yes, I had that happen to me) And yes they are THAT drastically different. "Hi. I want to join GSA but first you have to change EVERYTHING to accommodate me." How does that make an iota of sense? Does coed sports "blur" gender lines? I know lots of female hockey players. Have one. Still plenty feminine. <Insert photo of player breast feeding  during intermission> If girls can play hockey and not get confused on what gender they are, I think they'll be fine camping and earning merit badges. You know. Dude stuff.