• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Boy Scouts are Finished

21 hours ago, Thomas said:

Well there you go. There's the difference between then and today. When you got stitches by the town doctor/dentist you didn't have to take out a third mortgage.

/kidding
/kind of

and you didn't have your iPad hot wheels taken away for an hour 

15 hours ago, the dude abides said:

My brother and I thought we could parachute from the roof while holding a bed sheet.  Thank Christ we didn’t opt for the second story.

Houses in our neighborhood were still being built and as such became a playground on the weekends. We found a very long 4x4 and used it to "pole vault" out of the second floor to a sand pile below. That wasn't our finest moment between the splinters and the sand not giving much on impact. 

Seven years later my brother set the pole vault record for the school that held for 15 years. 

Who cares what the Boy Scouts do or don't do? They're a private organization, and if they choose to "kowtow" to SJW or whatever, that's their choice. If the government were forcing them to change their rules, that would be different.

9 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Who cares what the Boy Scouts do or don't do? They're a private organization, and if they choose to "kowtow" to SJW or whatever, that's their choice. If the government were forcing them to change their rules, that would be different.

Nobody is saying they "can't" Taylor.

56 minutes ago, Taylor said:

46 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Nobody is saying they "can't" Taylor.

You quoted can't. Where is this in the initial post?

3 hours ago, Taylor said:

Yes, ultimately it’s not a huge deal. It’s just sad to see the organization end this way. 

Participation in BSA has been declining for over the last decade.  They've tried to increase membership by changing some of their policies and that only resulted in more declines one of which was the biggest one year decline in their history, see 2014 when they started allowing openly gay members.  I have no experience with BSA but a lot of the complaints I've seen/heard have to do with the way it's run and how like most things decisions over the last so many years are driven by money.  A buddy of mine is an eagle scout and his son is now involved and like kids sports it takes a lot of time and energy.  Unlike athletics where kids switch sports once kids get out of BSA many are simply done.  

43 minutes ago, Jason said:

I will be shocked if they don’t lose a crap ton of members now

Would you feel a compulsion go quit because girls are participating ? I really don’t get it.  They said the girls would have a separate Eagle Scout program.  Otherwise these are usually young children.  Seriously, what’s the big deal ? 

5 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Would you feel a compulsion go quit because girls are participating ? 

Seeing as girls or specifically the pursuit of such are probably the biggest single reason why 13 and 14 year old scouts quit I find the idea humorous. 

Just now, Thomas said:

Seeing as girls or specifically the pursuit of such are probably the biggest single reason why 13 and 14 year old scouts quit I find the idea humorous. 

After remembering that I in fact HAVE 13 and 14 year old sons I find it slightly less humorous than I did initially. 

1 hour ago, Lou said:

One less way for the lil libs to exhibit their ignorance to the world

You mention the word "libs" ten times more than I say "FOX News, "  and you even post 50 times more than me.  I get accused of watching FOX News for saying, hope you are following the math.....ultra lib 

3 minutes ago, Kurt Swanson said:

You mention the word "libs" ten times more than I say "FOX News, "  and you even post 50 times more than me.  I get accused of watching FOX News for saying, hope you are following the math.....ultra lib 

He does it to elicit a specific  reaction. 

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Would you feel a compulsion go quit because girls are participating ? I really don’t get it.  They said the girls would have a separate Eagle Scout program.  Otherwise these are usually young children.  Seriously, what’s the big deal ? 

Parents