• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Boy Scouts are Finished

1 minute ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I highly, highly doubt the girl scouts are going to allow boys.

1. Boys won't want to join them, why would they, honestly? How many boys do you think are actually interested in their program?

2. If boys were allowed, i'm sure there would be a not insignificant amount of parents concerned about a small number of boys joining an organization loaded with girls.

3. because of point 2, their numbers would probably dwindle further.

I know plenty of liberal parents who'd probably jump at the chance of putting their boys in what they'd consider a socially acceptable organization. They refuse to let their boys join BSA but would enroll them in an organization that "share their values".

3 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I know plenty of liberal parents who'd probably jump at the chance of putting their boys in what they'd consider a socially acceptable organization. They refuse to let their boys join BSA but would enroll them in an organization that "share their values".

That's probably true, but it's still dumb.

1 minute ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Ain't that the truth.

Parents need to leave their kids be, let them do semi dangerous things every now and then, let them play with dirt.

I'm actually surprised I've never suffered serious injuries when I look back at my childhood. What the hell is a helmet?

8 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

That's probably true, but it's still dumb.

Yep

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Instead they are positioning themselves to be the conservative scouts and the liberal scouts. Because that's what this country really needs.

8 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

That doesn't necessarily mean the organizations are wildly politicizing themselves.

Well if they aren't, despite all evidence to the contrary, they'd be rather unique in our current culture of unnecessary politicization. What's the litmus test? If the GSA start admitting boys?

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm actually surprised I've never suffered serious injuries when I look back at my childhood. What the hell is a helmet?

617HDCrvQrL._SL1500_.jpg

We wore these plastic ones when we played army man and used dirt clods for hand grenades. Which was fine all the way up until one jerk threw a rock then it was an all out escalation which usually ended up with someone getting stitches and all of us getting grounded for a week. 

Then we'd do it again with similar results. 

Just now, Blarg said:

which usually ended up with someone getting stitches and all of us getting grounded for a week. 

Well there you go. There's the difference between then and today. When you got stitches by the town doctor/dentist you didn't have to take out a third mortgage.

/kidding
/kind of

5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Well if they aren't, despite all evidence to the contrary, they'd be rather unique in our current culture of unnecessary politicization. What's the litmus test? If the GSA start admitting boys?

They're in the business of increasing their numbers, i'm almost certain politicizing themselves will have the opposite effect. I'm sure there are tons of libs who have their boy(s) in scouts.

16 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

They're in the business of increasing their numbers, i'm almost certain politicizing themselves will have the opposite effect. I'm sure there are tons of libs who have their boy(s) in scouts.

Sort of. There are different factions within the leadership. Real Games of Thrones stuff. Slightly less lethal. With BSA obviously various churches make up a considerable part of the the national leadership. Their goal is to get bodies in their churches. Scouting represents a sort of loss leader for them. Other more secular factions has differing goals. While I doubt there will ever be actual numbers listing the political affiliation of the parents of members of each org, pundits on each side screaming to boycott the other isn't exactly going to help numbers. Wait till the left finds out in mass that the BSA teaches their kids how to use firearms.  There will be protests! 

10 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Well there you go. There's the difference between then and today. When you got stitches by the town doctor/dentist you didn't have to take out a third mortgage.

/kidding
/kind of

Lucky for my parents since  my grandmother was a nurse and sewed me up in the bathroom. Twice. I've actually used betadine and super glue on another occasion. Paying the ER doctor for those is like paying a mechanic to replace your car battery.

6 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Congratulations, you have exposed 1% of the folks that don't like this decision.

Well done and typical of most political discussion these days.

Clarify please, 1% that think its absurd or 1% that think its warranted?
Casue im fairly certain its a lot more than 1% that lands in the former, myself included.  

7 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t care what they do.  Some gender groups make sense.  This one, I don’t think it matters.  It’s just a decision the organization made.  I’m not sure why this has to be evidence of some social justice warrior crisis.  Its a gigantic nothing burger.  Hardly anyone takes scouting seriously.  Most people quit before 8th grade.  Those that do don’t have their accomplishments or values compromised by having to be in the presence of the opposite sex.  It’s nothing.  I suspect that if enough boys become interested in joining the Girl Scouts it’s something that can be on the table.  But again,  who cares ? I honestly don’t know why the two don’t just merge it probably makes sense for both of them.  The values both organizations espouse are the same.   

while i agree, there is literally zero chance the GS shares that cookie money, no way no how. 

5 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Actually, there’s are those who aren’t thrilled with girls in little league either. 

https://www.facebook.com/deadspin/posts/10160267489770072

i coached little league, baseball and softball for over a decade, mostly in softball.
While you are correct there are many that opposed it, we had a couple girls that played hardball, one of which made all stars at 3B, and i had a number of girls on my teams that could have played easily, including my daughter who was an all county catcher.  
Baseball is a game that the 2 sexes could compete directly, easily,  i keep waiting for some woman to step up and make the effort, i know there have been those good enough in recent years.  
Do yourselves a favor, watch some of the upcoming college softball WS, youll see what i mean. 

21 hours ago, Jason said:

It's that thing your Scout Master was trying to show you in his sleeping bag.