• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Boy Scouts are Finished

52 minutes ago, Kurt Swanson said:

What does this all mean?  Will I be buying my thin mints from a transgender now? 

Well you won’t be buying Samoas off them. We can’t risk offending any large Pacific Islanders. 

29 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

This is all so stupid.  Truly.  Who gives a F*ck.  Boo hoo.  A girl building a pinewood derby car is just going RUIN scouting. 

I’m sure the Mormon scouts will be completely normal in every way. 

Should the girl scouts let boys in?  Should we simply not have any groups based on gender?

The whole Boy Scouts allowing girls always seemed bizarre to me.

Although I have to say, Abby would love Boy Scouts a lot more than Girl Scouts.  Instead of stupid Etsy projects and planting flowers they go camping and build stuff.  It would just be too awkward, and our best friend is the head of the Boy Scout troop for her grade.

The thing i found funniest is that the Girls Scouts objected and condemned it.  
There is zero reason to do this when the troops will still be separate, zero point. 
If there are girls that would prefer doing boy stuff perhaps the girl scouts should spend less Facking time selling cookies and adjust their curriculum.  
This is nothing but a social justice warrior agenda that has no functional bearing on anything other than indoctrination processing.

This has more to do with avoiding the icky gays than allowing girls to participate in the Boy Scouts....as well as the Mormon church wanting to create a consistent program for boys/girls across the globe and not just the US. Appears to have been in the works for years.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/05/09/mormon-church-breaks-all-ties-with-boy-scouts-ending-100-year-relationship/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.16a923e16d2e

Let's get the  jokes out of the way first. How can a woman be in two places at once? She can't start a fire and make a sandwich at the same time. 

If the Girl Scouts aren't going to do the fun stuff (something they should seriously consider doing and maybe they need to re-think some things) then why the hell not? For Mormons, a lot of money is spent on fun things for the boys. Not necessarily always for the girls from what I have seen.

11 minutes ago, red321 said:

This has more to do with avoiding the icky gays than allowing girls to participate in the Boy Scouts....as well as the Mormon church wanting to create a consistent program for boys/girls across the globe and not just the US. Appears to have been in the works for years.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/05/09/mormon-church-breaks-all-ties-with-boy-scouts-ending-100-year-relationship/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.16a923e16d2e

I don't give a rat's ass what the Mormon church does.  Don't refocus the discussion on them.  The bottom line is that by succumbing to pressure the boy scouts have become neutered.  

4 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I don't give a rat's ass what the Mormon church does.  Don't refocus the discussion on them.  The bottom line is that by succumbing to pressure the boy scouts have become neutered.  

Refocus on them? It was the originating post in the thread

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mormon-church-ends-century-old-alliance-with-boy-scouts

Edited by red321

19 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

That's kinda silly. It seems pretty fair that the source for this discussion is entirely fair game, whether or not you want it to be discussed. It's entirely germane to the thread.

No big deal

While about 70 percent of chartered Boy Scout troops are sponsored by faith-based organizations, Mormon boys will still be able to join Boy Scout troops independent of their churches. In a statement Tuesday, the Boy Scouts’ Great Salt Lake Council said it planned to continue working with community partners and organizations to provide options for any youths who still hope to be Scouts after the partnership ends.

1 hour ago, nate said:

The whole Boy Scouts allowing girls always seemed bizarre to me.

Although I have to say, Abby would love Boy Scouts a lot more than Girl Scouts.  Instead of stupid Etsy projects and planting flowers they go camping and build stuff.  It would just be too awkward, and our best friend is the head of the Boy Scout troop for her grade.

@nate check out Y-Guides and Princesses (fka Indian Guides and Princesses) in your area.

Both my daughter and son did this, and loved it.