• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

East Coast Bias

Spent 5 days last week in MA, NH, NY and NJ for work. Really frustrating to be having games finish at 1:30am and have to be up at at 6:30-7am.

Not excusing the lack of awareness of our teams from ESPN et al who are paid to deal with such problems, but not really sure how to solve either. Thoughts? 

As much as things are driven by television, there must also be consideration of the local fans. I faced this issue years ago when, for whatever reason, MLB put the Atlanta Braves in the NL West. Many nights I was up until the wee hours when they played on the west coast.

34 minutes ago, 101halo said:

Spent 5 days last week in MA, NH, NY and NJ for work. Really frustrating to be having games finish at 1:30am and have to be up at at 6:30-7am.

Not excusing the lack of awareness of our teams from ESPN et al who are paid to deal with such problems, but not really sure how to solve either. Thoughts? 

Watch the west coast feed so it's only 8 pm.

You're welcome. 

I dont blame random fans for it, but if your job is mlb reporting, like so many of the fishwrap and so-called experts at ESPN etc... yeah, adjust your freaking sleep schedule and do your job properly.  
No games start at 6 AM, go to bed at 1, get up at 9, problem solved.  
Random working class guy in Maine, yeah, i dont blame him for not watching a ton of angels games. 

9 hours ago, 101halo said:

I have lived with it my whole life. I think it was easier before the modern communication era/social media when it was easy for me to accept that I could not get live feeds/updates, and had to settle for reading about it the next day.

That's what made me really look forward to seeing the Angels make their, at that time, twice yearly visits to Yankee Stadium.

2 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

If I lived in the east coast during this DVR era, I don't understand why you just don't dvr the game, wake up 20 minutes earlier, and power through the dvr'd game.

I do that now, but not all the time.

I seemed to appreciate the games more when they weren't as available as they are now.

I basically live on east coast time, living on the west coast.  I go to bed early, get up early.  DVR the games, dvr every Scott Van Pelt sportscenter.  I am not attached to my phone, so I am not checking twitter as I awake.

I don't have to sit through endless commercials and replay reviews in the NBA playoffs.

This is a golden era we are living in.

I grew up in Maryland and followed the Orioles.  if they had a late night game in Anaheim, Oakland or Seattle, you'd have to find a radio score.  Or, on Sunday mornings, late in CBS Sunday Morning with Charles Kuralt, the scores would scroll by....

That was NOT the golden age.

36 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

If I lived in the east coast during this DVR era, I don't understand why you just don't dvr the game, wake up 20 minutes earlier, and power through the dvr'd game.

I pause live games a lot (not just baseball) for about 20-30 minutes so I can do the same thing. 

10 hours ago, 101halo said:

I mean I'm an East Coast Mariner fan, so I feel the pain ... as I live it everyday ... but I don't think anything is going to be done to fix .... time zones.

You either suck it up and stay up and watch the finish or you turn it off and go to bed and check it in the morning.