• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ohtani Win Tracker

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

So they don't know why it's occurring. Ok, let's go with that, even though you offer not a shred of actual proof. Show me where these numerous coaches and front office personnel state that having pitchers throw a lot more innings along the way is the answer. Now this should be fairly simple, considering "the many articles on the subject" 

Jumped down your back? Please don't try to play the victim. 

I pointed out that your claim of Ohtani saying he wants to play more was misguided at best, completely incorrect at worst. He wasn't referring to playing on the days before and after he pitches, which was your claim.  (He never did it while playing in Japan, by the way.)

i would say that your "argumens" are entertaining, but they're not. The lack of substance merely renders them sad. 

Too Funny!!! How the heck do you know what Shohei was referring to????????  How do you know he was happy in Japan hitting only half the time under his old manager? Maybe that is one of the reasons he wanted to play somewhere else?

All he said was he wanted to play more. Are we to assume that the one time he is not starting because a lefty is on the mound that he is going to complain? That does not sound like Shohei. he probably complained because the way he sees it there was 10 times he was benched that he did not agree with. I bet if you asked him he wants to play everyday.

I am not playing the victim. You have been very entertaining. And I do like your avatar picture & your Seinfeld reference.

10 minutes ago, Lou said:

So they don't know why it's occurring. Ok, let's go with that, even though you offer not a shred of actual proof. Show me where these numerous coaches and front office personnel state that having pitchers throw a lot more innings along the way is the answer. Now this should be fairly simple, considering "the many articles on the subject" 

Jumped down your back? Please don't try to play the victim. 

I pointed out that your claim of Ohtani saying he wants to play more was misguided at best, completely incorrect at worst. He wasn't referring to playing on the days before and after he pitches, which was your claim.  (He never did it while playing in Japan, by the way.)

i would say that your "argumens" are entertaining, but they're not. The lack of substance merely renders them sad. 

Again I am sorry I did not know you were personal buddies with Shohei. So please tell me what exactly was Shohei referring to. 

Because if your assumption is correct than Shohei was literally complaining because he did not start ONE time with a lefty on the mound...... Now everything I have read & heard about Shohei is that he is the consummate team player..... that does not sound like something Shohei would do just because it happened once or even twice..... SO the only thing we can deduce is that if you asked Shohei.... he wants to be out there every day or real close to it.

Hey Lou last thing before I go & start my day.

Yesterday all I say is that Calhoun needs to use the whole field whatever way he can grounders or even bunts, whatever. You take the opposite position.... why I do not know? So last night Calhoun comes up in a close game in the 9th takes a pitch outside pulls it rolls over and hits another weak grounder for a game ending ground ball DP. 

Today I say that Shohei should hit as much as he wants as long as he keeps hitting this well. You than take it into some tangent of tiredness when your arguments are so silly. Look at what Shohei has done at the plate and the Angels record when he plays and does not play.

You seem like such a clever and smart guy.... so act like it.

44 minutes ago, Griffey's Corner said:

Yesterday all I say is that Calhoun needs to use the whole field whatever way he can grounders or even bunts, whatever. You take the opposite position.... why I do not know? So last night Calhoun comes up in a close game in the 9th takes a pitch outside pulls it rolls over and hits another weak grounder for a game ending ground ball DP. 

This is absolutely false. 

52 minutes ago, Griffey's Corner said:

You than take it into some tangent of tiredness when your arguments are so silly.

I never once mentioned that Ohtani didn't want to play the day before and after due to being too tired.

stop making shit up 

btw, we're all still waiting for your extensive research and "many articles on the subject" proving your point

Edited by Lou

On 5/9/2018 at 12:53 PM, Griffey's Corner said:

Too Funny!!! How the heck do you know what Shohei was referring to????????  How do you know he was happy in Japan hitting only half the time under his old manager? Maybe that is one of the reasons he wanted to play somewhere else?

All he said was he wanted to play more. Are we to assume that the one time he is not starting because a lefty is on the mound that he is going to complain? That does not sound like Shohei. he probably complained because the way he sees it there was 10 times he was benched that he did not agree with. I bet if you asked him he wants to play everyday.

I am not playing the victim. You have been very entertaining. And I do like your avatar picture & your Seinfeld reference.

Yeah, doesn't make sense what Lou is saying.

He already plays alot.  The only way he can play more is to bat on the days before and after he pitches.  He's already maxed out in terms of DH at bats.  And he's maxed out at pinch hits in NL parks unless they want to play him positionally.  So really the most likely conclusion that can be drawn is that he wants to DH the day before and after he pitches.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-questions-at-quarter-mark/c-276657016

AL West: Can Shohei Ohtani keep this up?

If the Astros are going to greedily insist on maintaining the best rotation ERA in baseball by half a run, they're going to be hard to keep up with. But a healthy and more-than-living-up-to-expectations Ohtani, paired with a typically magnificent Mike Trout, at least gives the Angels a puncher's chance in the division race and a legitimate pulse in the playoff picture. The Halos have won 18 of the 26 games Ohtani has played in this season, losing eight of 14 without him. A simplistic split, especially at this still-early stage? Perhaps. But c'mon. Dude's got a 1.044 OPS at the plate and, if you take away one sideways start against the Red Sox when he had a blister issue, a 2.93 ERA on the hill. He's a difference-maker, plain and simple.

Now that Ohtani's answered the questions about whether his skills would translate to the states, the biggest remaining question is whether the unique dual nature of his role will wear him out. Ohtani so far has been athletic enough to make all our hand-wringing about the fatiguing nature of pitcher prep look silly, but, you know, he's 23 and it's a long season. If Ohtani can last, so, too, can the Angels.

He's on pace to generally not surpass any of his pre-2017 appearances as a batter and pitcher.   Only in 2017 did he miss a lot of the season as a pitcher.

As long as his starts are kept to say 26 max (150+ innings), and his DH starts to say around 90-100 in 2018, he will be fine.

Then next season, 30 starts (180 innings) and 110-120 DH starts sounds about right with small tweaks in the years after 2019.