• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ohtani Win Tracker

8 minutes ago, Lou said:

Four times?  That would be true if he only saw one per per at-bat. You also forgot:

Batting practice.

On-deck circle.

Down the dugout tunnel during the game.

Truthfully if push came to shove I would rather play a Shohei with no batting practice vs. playing Calhoun or Valbuena with all the BP they could handle.

16 minutes ago, Griffey's Corner said:

Truthfully if push came to shove I would rather play a Shohei with no batting practice vs. playing Calhoun or Valbuena with all the BP they could handle.

Well, that isn't an option.

Why would you want him to do something he's never done before? He's already missed time twice this year - once due to an injury which occurred while batting. 

5 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Angels are 6-7 in games in which Ohtani doesn't appear.

This is why @yk9001 is Grandpa Simpson and checks out when Ohtani is not in the lineup.

Though YK, you might want to stick around for the two games in Colorado as Shohei will probably get a crucial pinch hitting appearance in both games.

5 hours ago, yk9001 said:

I have a bad feeling that giving up the homer in the 7th inning yesterday means that he will have a shorter leash in the future due to the dreaded "third time around in the order" syndrome.

Maybe, but I remember the broadcast during the game showing a graphic about how once he gets through the first time through the order (especially after the second inning), his batting average against drops like a rock. I think it was like 0 the second time through the lineup, and .1something the third time through. I imagine that would hold a lot of weight.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

This is why @yk9001 is Grandpa Simpson and checks out when Ohtani is not in the lineup.

Though YK, you might want to stick around for the two games in Colorado as Shohei will probably get a crucial pinch hitting appearance in both games.

Put out some sort of bat-signal over Lakewood if he pinch hits, would you please??

As long as Shohei keeps hitting he should be playing a lot more. I can only hope that Mr. Scioscia is trying to gradually work him in. I think Shohei even said he wants to play more. I would think he would know his body better than anyone.

In games when he plays it seems like we win. On games he does not play it seems like we are losing more often than not.We cannot afford to waste games in May and act they are not just as important as games in September.

I would be curious how many runs a game we score when Shohei is in the lineup vs. when he is not.

14 minutes ago, Griffey's Corner said:

?. They practice or play in a game everyday. Their arms are not flying off. One could argue that in practice you are exerting even more energy & reps.

12 minutes ago, Griffey's Corner said:

It's like Nolan Ryan says. Players nowadays are babied too much. That is probably why they are getting more injured. Let them use what they got and build up their arm strength.

3 minutes ago, Griffey's Corner said:

As long as Shohei keeps hitting he should be playing a lot more. I can only hope that Mr. Scioscia is trying to gradually work him in. I think Shohei even said he wants to play more. I would think he would know his body better than anyone.

In games when he plays it seems like we win. On games he does not play it seems like we are losing more often than not.We cannot afford to waste games in May and act they are not just as important as games in September.

I would be curious how many runs a game we score when Shohei is in the lineup vs. when he is not.

flat,800x800,070,f.u4.jpg

53 minutes ago, Griffey's Corner said:

?. They practice or play in a game everyday. Their arms are not flying off. One could argue that in practice you are exerting even more energy & reps.

You really think when you include a high schooler's practice it makes it equivalent to what a major leaguer goes through during a 162-game season? (not to mention ST) 

If so, you're comparing apples to sharks 

1 minute ago, Lou said:

You really think when you include a high schooler's practice it makes it equivalent to what a major leaguer goes through during a 162-game season? (not to mention ST) 

If so, you're comparing apples to sharks 

The physical exertion part on the human body. Yes I am. Baseball is baseball. If anything a kid in high school has to go to school all day, lift weights in gym class, go to practice for 2-3 hours and than go work at a restaurant busing tables until 2 in the morning. ML players probably do not even have to carry there own luggage. They probably can dial up a masseuse anytime they want and if they desire have steak for dinner. 

So you betcha.... what else you got?

1 hour ago, Griffey's Corner said:

It's like Nolan Ryan says. Players nowadays are babied too much. That is probably why they are getting more injured. Let them use what they got and build up their arm strength.

Sorry but he is wrong.  

Just now, Griffey's Corner said:

Hard to say. What I do know is pitchers used to be able to throw a lot more.... and were injured a lot.... a lot less.

And had shorter careers and didn’t play year round as a kid, and didn’t all throw 95 mph and played in very competitive travel ball teams and didn’t have to give up all other sports and weren’t allowed to throw curve balls at a young age and.........