• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Predict the Moves

We are heading into Colorado for a couple of games.  Not only will the team naturally go through more pitchers because it is NL games, but it is also Colorado.  Today we were down an arm in the pen because we called up Blash.  Who gets sent down, and who gets called up?  I am thinking we will bring up at least one arm.  Who gets sent down?  Do we send Blash back down?  Do we send Kole down?  Do we release Young?  Does someone go on the DL?  What do you think will happen?  Who will get called up, who will go down?

I say release Young or send Blash down. The latter is my guess. I can't see them sending Calhoun down and haven't heard of any injuries. The need is in the pen with the starters' inabilities to go deep into games. Is there any one else besides Paredes?

Fortunately, it's only two games in Colorado, and we're coming off an off day too before heading back home.  We may not necessarily need to make any direct roster moves, but rather, we might need to ask someone like Akeel Morris to absorb some innings and not get destroyed.  Even if he does get destroyed, might just have to endure and accept it for a game.

Just now, AngelsLakersFan said:

I think the smart move is to send Kole down. I mean, he's not gona fix himself on the bench and we called up Blash to get Kole out of the lineup... seems pretty obvious... especially since he is about to get his 5 years service in and thus no longer be able to be sent down.

I do think if he was gonna get sent down, it would have just occurred with Blash being called up.  The fact that Cole's still up here... assuredly, he won't get sent down now.

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I think the smart move is to send Kole down. I mean, he's not gona fix himself on the bench and we called up Blash to get Kole out of the lineup... seems pretty obvious... especially since he is about to get his 5 years service in and thus no longer be able to be sent down.

Kole is going to stay and it’s a waste of time to suggest otherwise. Sosh won’t do it. 

1 minute ago, Warfarin said:

I do think if he was gonna get sent down, it would have just occurred with Blash being called up.  The fact that Cole's still up here... assuredly, he won't get sent down now.

Then the prudent move is to send Blash back down and then ponder why we brought him up in the first place.

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I agree.  I think they need to send Kole down.  I don’t see him coming out of this dealing with major league pitching.  He needs to go down the minors.  Figure out what the hell wrong and get his mind right.  The guy looks defeated walking up to the plate.  I think Calhoun is a guy that understands his situation and won’t be bitter about it.  If this is a mental thing a few weeks in the minors may be exactly what he needs to get going.  If it’s something physical well, at least he’s not killing the Angels. 

4 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Then the prudent move is to send Blash back down and then ponder why we brought him up in the first place.

I am guessing, with the way it has been described, the intent is to give Calhoun a few days off (like 3 or 4?  denno) to "clear his mind," yada yada.  I would rather him have been sent down, but it sounds like the plan is to have Blash up a few days to provide the mental breather for Cole.  

On a side note, I am excited to see Blash get some ABs in Colorado.  If he gets ahold of one, in that rarefied air, LOOK OUT!

9 minutes ago, Glen said:

If Bedrosian has options he should go down, as well as Parades. Not sure who can come up in their place in the pen.

https://www.rosterresource.com/mlb-los-angeles-angels/

As you can see, most of are relievers are out of options unfortunately.  The ones who do have options (Middleton, Anderson) are pitching well and won't be optioned.  Thus, we are basically limited to rotating Morris and Paredes.  We can also, of course, use phantom 10-day DL stints to help rotate relievers, too ;)

5 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

Teams that are serious about winning usually cut bait or send underperforming players to Syberia. If Kole ends up on the DL with a mysterious injury there’s a good chance that he’s getting  Ellsbury’d.

That would explain the Yankees releasing Stanton back when he was on pace to strike out 300 times.   Even now he’s on pace to strike out at a major league record level.