• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Prepare to Blasht off...

You never know. I mean Graterol will be DFA'd once Maldonado comes off bereavement leave, and if Blash comes in and obliterates the ball the way he can, it might force the Angels to choose between Young and Calhoun, which could open a spot on the 40 man and 25 man roster. And then if Cozart or Kinsler are injured, they'd have to choose between Cowart, Fletch or JMF. If there's an injury at SS, it pretty much has to be Fletcher, as Cowart isn't a major league caliber option there.

A lot can happen.

25 minutes ago, Dick B Back said:

He has to prove he can hit MLB pitching better than Kole/Young AND play serviceable RF.

Bright side is he already has gotten a decent bit of MLB playing time and wasn't totally lost... 99 games, 279 plate appearances, .200/.323/.336/.659, OPS+ of 78, 8 doubles, 8 homers, 39 walks, and a lot of strikeouts - 100.

The bright side is despite the strikeouts he earns a bunch of walks, and you know he can slug more than .336. 

I see him as having Upton-lite potential. .240/.330/.500 if things click.

1 hour ago, Glen said:

0-4, 2 Ks, just because I wanted him up.

Or, he'll hit a HR in his first AB, everyone will think he's the second coming of Trout, and then he'll proceed to hit .125 with no XBH for the next two weeks.

Or, he'll go 2-for-4 with a HR, double, and 5 RBI, and then get sent back down.

31 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Bright side is he already has gotten a decent bit of MLB playing time and wasn't totally lost... 99 games, 279 plate appearances, .200/.323/.336/.659, OPS+ of 78, 8 doubles, 8 homers, 39 walks, and a lot of strikeouts - 100.

The bright side is despite the strikeouts he earns a bunch of walks, and you know he can slug more than .336. 

I see him as having Upton-lite potential. .240/.330/.500 if things click.

Sounds like Blash < Dave Kingman. Hope he’s learned some new tricks since last time he was on a major league roster.

Blash looks different this year vs years past. He's still pretty upright, slightly lower, but he's more aggressive through the zone. He looks more comfortable and he also looks a little angry when swinging, which is pretty cool to see. He's perfectly fine defensively in RF.

I legitimately think Blash's career is going to take off soon in a more honest manner than someone like Nelson Cruz who also broke out in his late 20's.

39 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Cause he’s black ? I’ve heard that also. 

Yes, but evidently he's not gritty.

No word as of yet whether he plays the game the right way. 

I have my doubts