• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

GOAT Of The Game Thread?

True. Baseball is tough - woulda been the hero if they'd held that lead. But if I step back and try to think of one reason they lost that game, that grounder to 2nd is what I think of. It turned a 7-6 win into a 9-8 loss. Tough loss - but Seattle showed a lot of grit coming back 3 times.

Unpopular opinion: Skaggs. Dude cruised through 5 innings then shit himself. His line doesn't look bad and ultimately he left with the lead but he once again couldn't make it through 6 innings and turned the tide of the game after Marte's 3-run homer.

Yeah the pen blew it, but Skaggs took his foot off the gas and let the M's back in it. 

4 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

IDK but the team never quit last night. That’s a plus compared to some of our past teams who would curl up in the fetal position after giving up the lead. 

Last years team led the league in comeback wins didn't they?

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

Unpopular opinion: Skaggs. Dude cruised through 5 innings then shit himself. His line doesn't look bad and ultimately he left with the lead but he once again couldn't make it through 6 innings and turned the tide of the game after Marte's 3-run homer.

Yeah the pen blew it, but Skaggs took his foot off the gas and let the M's back in it. 

Scioscia had a quick hook. Some of these guys need to gut out those innings instead of being bailed out so they mentally toughen up rather than expect a reliever to clean up their mess. Last night was one of those situations.

Bullpen was the GOAT. 

Chuck's Sombrero was the true hero of the game. A few of us AW folks (Some who live in the PNW some who came up for the game) were at Safeco, and they closed the roof about 45 minutes after it started raining. I imagine huddled masses under the safety of the mighty Angels Sombrero to shield themselves from the Seattle rain. 

Team Effort was the GOAT last night.  

Tons of men left on base

Albert’s DP

Simmons caught stealing

Marte’s blunder

Skaggs can’t get through 6

Rivera not being able to block that ball

Every member of the bullpen not named Bedrosian 

All the ground balls to the left side when we had lead off doubles

1 minute ago, John Taylor said:

Bullpen was the GOAT. 

Chuck's Sombrero was the true hero of the game. A few of us AW folks (Some who live in the PNW some who came up for the game) were at Safeco, and they closed the roof about 45 minutes after it started raining. I imagine huddled masses under the safety of the mighty Angels Sombrero to shield themselves from the Seattle rain. 

I think Chuck’s white shorts were the hero. Glad you guys got together and it looks like you all had fun. 

2 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

Team Effort was the GOAT last night.  

Tons of men left on base

Albert’s DP

Simmons caught stealing

Marte’s blunder

Skaggs can’t get through 6

Rivera not being able to block that ball

Every member of the bullpen not named Bedrosian 

All the ground balls to the left side when we had lead off doubles

17 hits. Slackers!

4 minutes ago, Pablo said:

If only they went by 'hits' instead of 'runs'. Hits don't mean squat if you don't do anything with them.

Oh I get that but we were always in the game. I have way too many memories of games that we just laid down and picked up our 4 or 5 hits. We ended dying in the end but we were tough to kill. That was a road game and the home team squeaked out a win. It happens.

49 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Scioscia had a quick hook. Some of these guys need to gut out those innings instead of being bailed out so they mentally toughen up rather than expect a reliever to clean up their mess. Last night was one of those situations.

This is something I go 50-50 on.

It’s how a pitcher learns to get through tough spots.

But on the other hand, when you have a rotation full of pitchers with limited innings the past couple of years, it’s tempting to watch the pitch counts.

Exaactly - I know 'every game counts', but sometimes it's better to lose a battle early in order to be in a position to win the war later. Player management - it's something I happen to think Scioscia is good at. Sometimes however, in the micro-moment, it may look like a bad decision.

4 minutes ago, Sully151 said:

The lineup- going 4 for 20 with RISP kinda sucks.

Scioscia- bringing Johnson out for the 11th.

+1

Although with only Parades left, it had to be a tough choice for Scioscia, pitcher on fumes or the mediocre Parades who gave up the winning hit anyway.