• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

May Pitching Rotation

With Nick T on the 10-day DL, he should be eligible to come off May 12, right?  There are only two more off-days in May, so here's how the pitching seems to me to be shaping up:

Week 1: May 1-7: Nitro, Heaney, Barria, G-Rich, Skaggs, Ohtani, OFF-DAY

Week 2: May 8-14:  Heaney, Barria, G-Rich, Skaggs, Nitro, Ohtani, Heaney

Week 3: May 15-21:  Barria, G-Rich, Skaggs, Nitro, Heaney Ohtani, OFF-DAY

Week 4: May 22-28:  Barria, G-Rich, Skaggs, Nitro, Heaney, Ohtani, Barria

Week 5: May 29-Jun 4:  G-Rich, Skaggs, Nitro, Heaney, Shoemaker, Ohtani, G-Rich

So it looks to me like Barria is on the club until Shoemaker comes back

Thoughts?

This sounds right unless they wanna give bridwell one last try. Barria has been good enough that that leash would have to be real short.

It will be interesting to see how they do roster manipulation. I think Fletcher was saying they have almost never had 6 starters on the roster at the same time this year.

If they send Barria down after he starts on Wednesday and have Tropeano take his next spot on 5/12, they could keep 5 starters on the roster till they’d need a 6th on 5/18. That would be too soon to recall Barria, so the decision whether or not to keep Barria past Weds probably hinges on how fresh the bullpen is. The starters have improved lately, so it’s possible they keep Barria and go with 6 starters/7 relievers when Tropeano comes back. (It’s been 5/8 or even 4/9 all but one day.)

However, 2 games at Coors Field is not the best way to start a stretch of 13 games with no off day. 

If the pen is in bad shape after those games, Barria may go down for an extra reliever and then someone like John Lamb would get a start on 5/18.

Edited by Jeff Fletcher

Felix Pena made it up to ~75 pitches in his start the other day for the Bees...they're definitely stretching him out to be a 5 IP starter. And he's already on the 40-man, unlike Lamb. 

In 5 games, 4 "starts", he has 13.1 IP, 10 hits allowed, a 4.05 ERA, 8 walks, and 18 strikeouts, and he looked really good in ST too. 

Should he make a start, I imagine they see it similarly to the Rasmus starts we'd get in '14 (?) where he'd go 2-3 innings, and then we'd see Alvarez for 1, Ramirez for 1, etc.

4 hours ago, krAbs said:

This sounds right unless they wanna give bridwell one last try. Barria has been good enough that that leash would have to be real short.

It will be interesting to see how they do roster manipulation. I think Fletcher was saying they have almost never had 6 starters on the roster at the same time this year.

I would like to see Bridwell getting shelled by a team not named Oakland before we give up on him.

6 hours ago, Pablo said:

With Nick T on the 10-day DL, he should be eligible to come off May 12, right?  There are only two more off-days in May, so here's how the pitching seems to me to be shaping up:

Week 1: May 1-7: Nitro, Heaney, Barria, G-Rich, Skaggs, Ohtani, OFF-DAY

Week 2: May 8-14:  Heaney, Barria, G-Rich, Skaggs, Nitro, Ohtani, Heaney

Week 3: May 15-21:  Barria, G-Rich, Skaggs, Nitro, Heaney Ohtani, OFF-DAY

Week 4: May 22-28:  Barria, G-Rich, Skaggs, Nitro, Heaney, Ohtani, Barria

Week 5: May 29-Jun 4:  G-Rich, Skaggs, Nitro, Heaney, Shoemaker, Ohtani, G-Rich

So it looks to me like Barria is on the club until Shoemaker comes back

Thoughts?

Tropeano maybe back soon as well.

A day after throwing 88 pitches in a scoreless outing, Tropeano said he did not undergo an MRI exam. He said he is “100 percent” certain that he’ll be able to start again as soon as the 10 days are up, which would be May 12. Tropeano played light catch on Wednesday.

4 hours ago, totdprods said:

Felix Pena made it up to ~75 pitches in his start the other day for the Bees...they're definitely stretching him out to be a 5 IP starter. And he's already on the 40-man, unlike Lamb. 

In 5 games, 4 "starts", he has 13.1 IP, 10 hits allowed, a 4.05 ERA, 8 walks, and 18 strikeouts, and he looked really good in ST too. 

Should he make a start, I imagine they see it similarly to the Rasmus starts we'd get in '14 (?) where he'd go 2-3 innings, and then we'd see Alvarez for 1, Ramirez for 1, etc.

With Bridwell injured, I think Felix Pena is actually our next starter in line.  I could see Barria and Pena being interchanged down the line in the way we envisioned Barria and Bridwell being interchanged, at least until Bridwell is healthy again.

1 hour ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Tropeano maybe back soon as well.

A day after throwing 88 pitches in a scoreless outing, Tropeano said he did not undergo an MRI exam. He said he is “100 percent” certain that he’ll be able to start again as soon as the 10 days are up, which would be May 12. Tropeano played light catch on Wednesday.

May 12

35 minutes ago, totdprods said:

@Jeff Fletcher, are there any updates on Bridwell's health or Miguel Almonte? I noticed he was on the DL in SLC and he presumably could factor into SP depth too.

Jesus Castillo could theoretically factor into spot start depth too.