• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angelina Jolie

Aside from the pain from the surgery she doesn't have much to lose.  They still reconstructed her breasts.  Not like she couldn't afford it.  Her being an "inspiration" is a bit overblown.  The average woman couldn't afford to have the procedure done.

I hope this brings a little more visibility to the fact that the genes in question are the subject of a ridiculously important supreme court case over the validity of a single company's patenting of them.

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/apr/15/science/la-sci-sn-gene-patent-supreme-court-myriad-genetics-20130415

This reminds me in a sick way of this case.  http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/14/business/monsanto-victorious-in-genetic-seed-case.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0

Apparently, you don't own anything in the US anymore.  Get ready for a steady increase in food prices.

This was probably a smart move for her.  Her mom died of breast cancer in her early 50's and if Jolie showed that she had the gene to have the disease, it makes sense to do what she did.  Luckily, she could afford it.

I do have a question though, if she wanted to, can she get a breast implants and be safe?  Or is she going to be breastless the rest of her life?  Just wondering because I have never known a woman who had to go through this.

I do have a question though, if she wanted to, can she get a breast implants and be safe?  Or is she going to be breastless the rest of her life?  Just wondering because I have never known a woman who had to go through this.

my 81 year old mom went through this last year (only a single mast). she wears a pad. i imagine a younger woman would look at other options.

This was probably a smart move for her.  Her mom died of breast cancer in her early 50's and if Jolie showed that she had the gene to have the disease, it makes sense to do what she did.  Luckily, she could afford it.

From what I understand she had the implants added immediately.

She already had her breasts reconstructed.

Good for her, that she was able to do this before anything dangerous came up, but do we need hours upon hours of news coverage of this? Shoot, I've admired those cans as much as the next guy, and it's a shame to see them go, but it's not really headline news.

I think nowadays the surgeon leaves breast tissue for reconstructive surgery. Implants aren't that expensive anymore.

I've read many stories about women who had voluntary hysterectomies (sp) because of the threat of uterine cancer.

I've seen the headlines online about AJ but that's it. Didn't read them, actually.

she announced this morning via people magazine that she's also going to have a hysterectomy. seems her mom and her grandma also had ovarian cancer, so she's not messing around with waiting for it to eventually find her.

There are so many cases of breast cancer that don't make the news I don't see why this should be receiving the coverage it is getting.

meh, it's a celebrity with a beautiful rack, so that alone makes it newsworthy. she's also a United Nations ambassador, so she's known worldwide. i have no idea if her actions will be inspiring to other women (it's a very costly surgery, apparently), but it gets played up like a ton of women will now be inspired to do this because the great celebrity did.