• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The greatest baseball brawl ever

5 hours ago, Pablo said:

My favorite was from spring training 2003 - Guillermo Mota of the dogs hit Mike Piazza (then a Met). Mike charged the mound and Mota took off his mitt and threw it at him while backpedaling past 2nd and into the OF. He circled around wide of 1st, down the dugout steps, and into the clubhouse running backwards all the way, trying to fend off a furious Piazza. Funniest thing I've ever seen. Tried to find the video a few times since, but it has mysteriously vanished from the interwebs.

I remember that one. That was a good little highlight for jokes on sportscenter for awhile.

8 hours ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

That was crazy! I can't believe I've never heard of this... The prequel to Malice in the Palace.

kurt bevacqua was a punk. one of the best quotes ever was when a reporter asked tommy lasorda what he thought about bevacqua, who was having a pretty lousy season, and lasorda replied "he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat."

2 hours ago, Tank said:

kurt bevacqua was a punk. one of the best quotes ever was when a reporter asked tommy lasorda what he thought about bevacqua, who was having a pretty lousy season, and lasorda replied "he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat."

The Bevacqua rant was legendary.  NSFW

22 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

Looked like Lefferts and Perez weren't even in the altercation. How funny.

Background was that Perez had thrown at least at two hitters prior, and thus the warnings had already been given.

Perez was always a punk while pitching in the bigs.    

17 hours ago, Billy_Ball said:

Was that Enberg and Drysdale on commentary?

That was them both, was back in 1978.   Ironic that Heath didn't say a word on Grich's forearm, which was worse than Lansford simply trying to bowl over the catcher.   I guess it's the ol' that's enough, I can't stands no more (in best Popeye).