• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tropeano to the DL

T.G.

If you guys read my story on this and read all of Tropeano’s quotes, it’s pretty clear what’s happening.

http://www.ocregister.com/angels-place-nick-tropeano-on-the-dl-because-of-a-sore-shoulder-and-to-give-him-a-little-blow

Theres also a open spot in the rotation for the day he’s eligible to come back. 

Unofficially: Barria, Richards, Skaggs, Ohtani, Off, Heaney, Barria, Richards, Skaggs, Tropeano (5/12), Ohtani. 

Barria got optioned when they didn’t need him for 10 days. Tropeano is getting DL’d when they don’t need him for 10 days. 

Assuming Barria goes down when Tropeano comes back. The Angels will continue to avoid having 6 starters on the roster at once. It’s happened for one day so far. 

Edited by Jeff Fletcher

Now might be a good time to expand the rosters past 25 to 27 or 28.  If teams are basically doing things to skirt the rules, then maybe the rules are what the problem is.  I like the idea of having a 28 team roster with only 25 active on any given day.  Basically ever sport has bigger rosters with active and non active spots.  

10 hours ago, Dick B Back said:

Hard liquor and cigars in the stands.

And gambling. Pete Rose was born too late.

But, seriously, some of the parks were so huge and asymmetrical that it lent itself to lots more triples than HRs. Stolen bases were also much more common. Of course, the ball was dead, comparatively speaking, too. Ruth had to deal with that for a significant portion of his career.

I guess it depends on whether you think a triple or an ITPHR or stealing bases is more exciting than today's HR-friendly balls and ballparks and ever-increasing strikeouts.

Seeing Cobb running the bases with sharpened spikes must have been pretty exciting, in a crude way. Whiskey certainly added to that appeal.

Maybe the most unlikely records to be broken are Sam Crawford's 309 career triples or Chief Wilson's 26 triples in one season. I think Dimagg's streak is more likely to be broken than those.

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

If you guys read my story on this and read all of Tropeano’s quotes, it’s pretty clear what’s happening.

http://www.ocregister.com/angels-place-nick-tropeano-on-the-dl-because-of-a-sore-shoulder-and-to-give-him-a-little-blow

Unofficially: Barria, Richards, Skaggs, Ohtani, Off, Heaney, Barria, Richards, Skaggs, Tropeano (5/12), Ohtani. 

Barria got optioned when they didn’t need him for 10 days. Tropeano is getting DL’d when they don’t need him for 10 days. 

Assuming Barria goes down when Tropeano comes back. The Angels will continue to avoid having 6 starters on the roster at once. It’s happened for one day so far. 

I wonder if there will be some kind of rule changes to prohibit this kind of roster manipulation in the future. While its available I agree that it should be taken advantage of.

4 minutes ago, True Grich said:

and men wore suits to the game...

When someone tells me their a "traditionalist" baseball fan, I ask them if they wear a suit to the game...

I couldn't imagine people in the Budweiser patio wearing suits. Its funny I was just talking to my wife about going to a game and she said that she enjoys the social aspect of the game (the food and conversation), which is what I feel most fans enjoy but that's not why I go to games. I literally can talk to nobody as long as I have a beer and pack of seeds. That's how I grew up learning the game and it never left me.

Just now, Angelsfan1984 said:

I couldn't imagine people in the Budweiser patio wearing suits. Its funny I was just talking to my wife about going to a game and she said that she enjoys the social aspect of the game (the food and conversation) where as I literally can talk to nobody as long as I have a beer and pack of seeds. That's how I grew up learning the game and it never left me.

I hear you on that.  Sometimes all the conversation and what not is distracting.  There are games when all of a sudden, it's the 5th inning and I feel like I haven't seen any of the game.  I can't count how many times someone will say something to me and when I respond, I miss something on the field.

1 minute ago, True Grich said:

I hear you on that.  Sometimes all the conversation and what not is distracting.  There are games when all of a sudden, it's the 5th inning and I feel like I haven't seen any of the game.  I can't count how many times someone will say something to me and when I respond, I miss something on the field.

I 100% go to watch the game. Don't get me wrong, there are games I go to that I will just drink and mess around with my buddies, but for the most part I find much more enjoyment in the chess match on the field. The game is played on a micro level much more than people give it credit for.

2 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I 100% go to watch the game. Don't get me wrong, there are games I go to that I will just drink and mess around with my buddies, but for the most part I find much more enjoyment in the chess match on the field. The game is played on a micro level much more than people give it credit for.

Yup.  Watching it live at the stadium beats watching it on TV for me every time.  The little nuances that take place are all part of the enjoyment. I vividly remember a game where a ball was hit to Simmons and it was on its way to first base well before I anticipated it.  I mean, the game has a certain rhythm to it and you expect things to happen at a certain pace and then bam - something happens that makes you shake your head and go... wait, what?  That ball was in and out of his glove so fast it made my head spin.  I don't know if I would have got that watching it on TV. 

I also remember being at Petco when the Angels were down there a few years back and Trout beat out what appeared to be a routine ground ball.  It was cool to see live because it happened without any fanfare... it was just baseball unfolding in front of my eyes.  Those are the moments I love.

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Image result for I am shocked meme

27 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Yup.  Watching it live at the stadium beats watching it on TV for me every time.  The little nuances that take place are all part of the enjoyment. I vividly remember a game where a ball was hit to Simmons and it was on its way to first base well before I anticipated it.  I mean, the game has a certain rhythm to it and you expect things to happen at a certain pace and then bam - something happens that makes you shake your head and go... wait, what?  That ball was in and out of his glove so fast it made my head spin.  I don't know if I would have got that watching it on TV. 

I also remember being at Petco when the Angels were down there a few years back and Trout beat out what appeared to be a routine ground ball.  It was cool to see live because it happened without any fanfare... it was just baseball unfolding in front of my eyes.  Those are the moments I love.

bing crosby drinking GIF

That's the passion of the game that a lot of people lack IMO. There is a classic sense of the game that is lost on people, especially young kids that will not understand that part of it. Analyzing statistics is great but it is not the end all be all of baseball. Age has nothing to do with it either as i'm only 33. I was fortunate to be around great baseball minds growing up and that instinctual understanding is something I will hold on to.

31 minutes ago, True Grich said:

When Albert hit a walkoff double a few years ago in an early April game, I was sitting behind third base, and to see Trout flying around second and then around third like a crazy man to score the winning run was something I'll never forget. The stadium was in a frenzy. You can't get that on TV.