• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia pulling Tropeano last night

Glen

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I figured my comment in the Hero/Goat thread would have be viewed as tongue in cheek but I guess not.  I think MS over managed that game a bit, but I am all for starters coming out before they face a lineup a third time.  

This wasn't directed at you. It was just a general thing to get people talking.

2 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

You don't see it in their body language (they are pros, they have enough intestinal fortitude to do that) you can see it in the way they pitch. Selection and location. The most successful closers aren't worried about the batter. They have the confidence to attack the zone with their best pitches and challenge the hitter to beat them.

I could see that possibly, but we also have no idea how they're trying to attack hitters and how scouting reports effect sequences. The team has an individual plan of how they want to attack each batter. 

What I will say, is that the guys we have aren't above average. This much is visible. No scouting report or confident attacking approach calls for meat balls right down the middle. 

I'm going to chalk this one up to we need better goddamn relievers

35 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

It wasn't that long ago that a bunch of posters criticized Sosh for sticking with the one closer idea.  They argued that was old school and the new approach was to use your best pitchers in pressure situations.

Makes me think it isn't the idea as much as it is the person with the idea.

You know, going out and signing a bunch of kick ass relievers would solve all our problems. 

Nah, what am I saying, that's lunacy. 

Kelvin Herrera seems to have righted his ship, after a subpar 2017 followed 5 rock solid seasons in KC from 2012-2016.

He has extensive closing experience, since Wade Davis was traded to the Cubs going on two years ago.

So far in 10.2 innings, 7 hits, ZERO BBs, 12 K's, sub 1.00 ERA and waaay sub 1.00 WHIP 

What would it take to acquire him?    KC has to be sellers, since this season has already imploded for them.

He is a FA after this season.

10 minutes ago, laagamer said:

You know, going out and signing a bunch of kick ass relievers would solve all our problems. 

Nah, what am I saying, that's lunacy. 

Except it doesn’t because bullpen arms are the least predictable part of any team. 

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Kelvin Herrera seems to have righted his ship, after a subpar 2017 followed 5 rock solid seasons in KC from 2012-2016.

He has extensive closing experience, since Wade Davis was traded to the Cubs going on two years ago.

So far in 10.2 innings, 7 hits, ZERO BBs, 12 K's, sub 1.00 ERA and waaay sub 1.00 WHIP 

What would it take to acquire him?    KC has to be sellers, since this season has already imploded for them.

He is a FA after this season.

If Angels don't get Herrera, it will likely be the Astros who get him, if KC decides to let him go.  So all the more reason for Eppler to really push to get him. 

17 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

I've always thought that ERA was a very misleading stat for a reliever.

I say, WHIP IT!!!!

You are right because holding a runner from scoring is more important for a reliever than letting a runner score.

However you would think ERA would be misleading in the relievers favor. 

I would look at whip but not sure what a good whip would be for a reliever.

5 hours ago, stormngt said:

6 years MLB.  Career era 3.78

First three seasons with Angels 

Era

For a reliever isn't that mediocre at best?

Unless they're a star reliever, the only season I car about is the current one.