• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Hero or Goat 5/1/2018

Who's the Hero tonight?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Hero?

• Justin Upton - came through in the clutch
    • Nick Tropeano - 6.1ip, 1h, 2bb, 5k. Should have been left in the game.
    • Maldonado - 3/4

I didn’t watch the game but it sounds like Trop was on cruise control.  He came out in the 7th at 88 pitches.  Maybe he could have gone 8, but we’re still in the same position in the ninth just with better relievers to come in after Bedrosian. Scioscia was dead set on having Bedrosian pitch the 9th.   If Johnson only threw one pitch and he still started the 9th, yea this was happening.  

3 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Upton had chances to put the game away on 3 separate AB. If it wasn't a save situation, we may not have seen Cam at all.

Yep, Upton still stranded SEVEN baserunners his other 3 at bats.

That was a clutch 9th inning hit, and it’s about time he started earning his $106 million through 2022.

9 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Gotta be Trop imo.  

If Upton doesn't get that hit I think the board turns on him for the rest of the season.  

I’m shocked that you think Tropeano should of been left in the game longer.

Maldy was the man last night 

36 minutes ago, Dick B Back said:

I woulda voted for Tropeano except the should have been left in the game part screwed that.

Upton, as bad as he was, got my vote.

I agree Dick, he was at his current pitch maximum.  We can't afford another pitcher going down.  There is five plus months left in this season, that's a lifetime.