• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Really lame experience at the big A

Just got back.   Took the family.  While I enjoyed that part of it of course, It really was a sad performance from the fans.  Yankee fans made up at least 40% of the crowd and dominated noise and gear.  My 9 yo daughter and 7 year old son stood up and cheered.  We tried to counter cheer their 'let's go yankees' chants but people just sat there.  Even when we had a chance and the outcome was yet to be determined, no one said boo.  Granted, half the skank fans were there to get under the opposing fans skin and they did so successfully.  

The best part about it was walking out when my son said 'friggin yankees'. and my daughter followed that up with 'yeah, I hate the yankees'.  'Everywhere I looked I saw yankee fans.  Didn't they know it was Angel's stadium?  They were so annoying.'

So at least there's that.  

I can't believe how little mojo this team has right now.  There wasn't a lot of positive body language from the players.  This team has talent and I truly believe they will be there in the end.  They just have no stones.  

I mean honestly why would you pay to see this team right now, I was pumped to see them going into the Red Sox series but now.. why would I spend my hard earned money and waste a 2 hour drive on this product? I’m so f'n tired of losing, when are we going to be a consistently good team where we don’t get smacked around by the Red Sox and Yankees and start making the playoffs consistently again? 

*edited for language.  

5 minutes ago, TroutField said:

I mean honestly why would you pay to see this team right now, I was pumped to see them going into the Red Sox series but now.. why would I spend my hard earned money and waste a 2 hour drive on this product? I’m so f'n tired of losing, when are we going to be a consistently good team where we don’t get smacked around by the Red Sox and Yankees and start making the playoffs consistently again? 

*edited for language.  

had the tics well in advance and I enjoy my time with the fam.  Had a great time overall.  Going to the game isn't just about the team.  Yes, as an Angel fan, I was bummed about the experience, but didn't let it ruin my time.  

Unfortunately fans like (Yankees/Red Sox) or at Staples Center with teams like (Red Wings, Flyers, Rangers, and pretty much any Canadian team) invade and act like it's their home. Like you said, they're there to purposely be annoying and rude. It's a shame really.

The best thing for the home team to do is win these damn games. If the visiting fans know that their team never wins at the Big A (or Staples Center and even Honda Center), then they'll be less inclined to show up. But nope, our teams **** the bed instead because reasons.

7 hours ago, calscuf said:

Dude, I feel for you.  

But you are a doctor.  While they won the battle tonight (and this series), you should take solace in the fact that most of those Yankee fans will be dead prematurely from hypertension, obesity, heart disease, alcoholism and other life risks associated with low intelligence.  The Angels (quite literally) will win the war.  

I know what you are thinking: “But most Yankee fans are Italians and the Mediterranean diet has been proven to increase lifespan and actually reduce most of the risks you previously mentioned.”

Let’s be honest.  These weren’t “Italy Italians”.  These weren’t even Italian Americans, really.  They weren’t even New Yorkers of any kind.  These were mostly Hispanic folks from Pacoima and tattooed white trash from Norco.  Fat, stupid and at risk of premature death.  All of the them.

And when they die, we can all laugh.

You’re talking about more than just Italians. You’re about a fast food culture that will cause most people to eventually get type II diabetes. 

820C4984-06D9-4D04-A4BE-2147ABE4AE7B.jpeg

As long as our fans are more obsessed with the “light wave” than what’s happening on the field we’re going to get drowned out by opposing fans. As long as we have our own TV announcers telling us “what a game that was” when we lose to the Yankees in extra innings I’ll continue to SMH. As long as the team name contains a geographical location that is irrelevant to where they play they’ll still be the butt of countless jokes. 

4 minutes ago, LHalo said:

As long as our fans are more obsessed with the “light wave” than what’s happening on the field we’re going to get drowned out by opposing fans. As long as we have our own TV announcers telling us “what a game that was” when we lose to the Yankees in extra innings I’ll continue to SMH. As long as the team name contains a geographical location that is irrelevant to where they play they’ll still be the butt of countless jokes. 

Not to mention stupid beach balls

9 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Just got back.   Took the family.  While I enjoyed that part of it of course, It really was a sad performance from the fans.  Yankee fans made up at least 40% of the crowd and dominated noise and gear.  My 9 yo daughter and 7 year old son stood up and cheered.  We tried to counter cheer their 'let's go yankees' chants but people just sat there.  Even when we had a chance and the outcome was yet to be determined, no one said boo.  Granted, half the skank fans were there to get under the opposing fans skin and they did so successfully.  

The best part about it was walking out when my son said 'friggin yankees'. and my daughter followed that up with 'yeah, I hate the yankees'.  'Everywhere I looked I saw yankee fans.  Didn't they know it was Angel's stadium?  They were so annoying.'

So at least there's that.  

I can't believe how little mojo this team has right now.  There wasn't a lot of positive body language from the players.  This team has talent and I truly believe they will be there in the end.  They just have no stones.  

I don't watch other teams even remotely as closely as I do the Angels, so this might be something with all teams, but so often the Scioscia led teams spend good parts of the season lifeless.  He inspires very little energy out of his players.  I know he doesn't get on the field and throw the ball or swing a bat, but he just seems to let things play it's course without a lot of fire under his belly.  And of course, I have no idea what happens in the clubhouse.  He could show more of that that we don't see.  Sometimes we need a good ejection to get the team going.  I've rarely seen that from Sosh. 

8 hours ago, calscuf said:

Dude, I feel for you.  

But you are a doctor.  While they won the battle tonight (and this series), you should take solace in the fact that most of those Yankee fans will be dead prematurely from hypertension, obesity, heart disease, alcoholism and other life risks associated with low intelligence.  The Angels (quite literally) will win the war.  

I know what you are thinking: “But most Yankee fans are Italians and the Mediterranean diet has been proven to increase lifespan and actually reduce most of the risks you previously mentioned.”

Let’s be honest.  These weren’t “Italy Italians”.  These weren’t even Italian Americans, really.  They weren’t even New Yorkers of any kind.  These were mostly Hispanic folks from Pacoima and tattooed white trash from Norco.  Fat, stupid and at risk of premature death.  All of the them.

And when they die, we can all laugh.

Thanks for the shout out!

9 hours ago, TroutField said:

*edited for language.  

Why spend time on the team?  Our time is more valuable than our money.   

I went to two of the three games and it's so annoying to have to deal with Yankee fans.  Last year, I didn't go to any of the games because of past experiences... so I understand where you're coming from.  It's not any fun at all to lose to any team, but especially the Red Sox, Yankees or Dodgers. As others have said, the Angels just need to win these games and that will shut them up (well, most of them).

After sleeping on it, I realize I was wrong to blame the fans in any way.  It's up to the team to get the fans into the game.  Not the other way around.  If they had done jack squat this series, people wouldn't have been sitting on their hands.  Getting annihilated by the Sox, swept by the yanks and losing 2 of 3 to the giants at home isn't going to bring the fans.  

This is on the players to perform.  

No matter how well we're playing, the stadium is going to be overrun with Sox and Skank fans when they're good.  It's just the nature of California.  All the bandwaggoners come out of the wood work.