• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels In Seattle May4th - May7th

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

No chance. 58 of them went to public school. 

3 went to St Francis in La Cañada 

go golden knights!

a few of my kids have ended up there, including several boys from last year's class. good school.

52 minutes ago, Lou said:

Oh yeah, he's a real Jackie Robinsonsan.

People here don't give a rat's ass about Ichiro, as evidenced by the amount of responses you received about the big news. 

I'll never forget the late great,  still kicking like  chicken @Adam Dodge who said years ago that Ichiro is and will always be a glorified singles hitter. 

You will meet outside and get your name tags from Mabel who will then give you your welcoming tote bag with fabulous items like a map of the stadium, some chapstick a laced up bag with heart shaped mints and raffle tickets. After that you will be shown to your area to mingle with the other party goers.

CMJ8xGpWEAACRTH.jpg

What section will everyone be in? I wanna give the Mariners the "Yankees" treatment and take over Safeco Field...wishful thinking I know...I'm about 70/30 on going to Saturday's game, it depends on if I can get out of visiting the GF's family I don't particularly care much for, lol

1 hour ago, John Taylor said:

What does parking look like here before a game? is it a pain in the ass or fairly easy to find parking?

I usually just pay the $20-$25 and park in the garage on the south side. 

15 hours ago, Ender said:

Yeah man, edgy take there. I also do not care about watching hall of famers retire. Especially ones who may have helped fuel the interest of a certain Japanese Angel star to play in the MLB.

That's not edgy, it's just the reality of the situation.  Ichiro doesn't have the star power in SoCal that he does in Seattle.  There's also the fact that Angel fans are privy to a shell of himself HOFer on a nightly basis.  That's not meant as a knock on Ichiro as much as it's a true depiction of the Pujols situation.

I'm sure Ohtani is excited about it.

If I could, I'd be there for Ichirio's final home stand.  Always loved the way he prepared for games and how consistent he was for so many years.  I think a lot of ball players could learn a lot from him about how to stay in game playing condition. The dude is always and I mean ALWAYS stretching. There's something to be said for that. He was also a great defender in his prime.  Definitely one of the players I loved watching play over the years.  He had an amazing career.  I'd love to pay my respects to him in his final games...  I am sorry to see him retire.

3 hours ago, John Taylor said:

What section will everyone be in? I wanna give the Mariners the "Yankees" treatment and take over Safeco Field...wishful thinking I know...I'm about 70/30 on going to Saturday's game, it depends on if I can get out of visiting the GF's family I don't particularly care much for, lol

You do know your GF has an AW account just to see what you post.

If the bullpen setup is still the same, you can go to the Angels BP with your hat on and talk to guys through the fence.

One time when I was up there I was talking with Shields while K-Rod was making the moves on a good looking chickie. I told Shields I was going out of the park real quick and I would have a smoke for him.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

That's not edgy, it's just the reality of the situation.  Ichiro doesn't have the star power in SoCal that he does in Seattle.  There's also the fact that Angel fans are privy to a shell of himself HOFer on a nightly basis.  That's not meant as a knock on Ichiro as much as it's a true depiction of the Pujols situation.

I'm sure Ohtani is excited about it.

No shit. But this is about a bunch of people going TO Seattle. So the atmosphere if Ichiro retires during this homestand will be different while you're at OUR stadium.

Just saying it will add to the experience.