• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Recipe Of The Day: Roasted Radish and Feta Salad

6 hours ago, calscuf said:

I like radishes.

#me too

Maybe it’s the Mexican coming out in me. I’m all about slicing them on a mandolin and throwing them on my tacos. I’m going to pickle some carrots this week too. Has anyone here ever pickled anything?

1 hour ago, LHalo said:

#me too

Maybe it’s the Mexican coming out in me. I’m all about slicing them on a mandolin and throwing them on my tacos. I’m going to pickle some carrots this week too. Has anyone here ever pickled anything?

Yeah. I've made quick pickled carrots and onions. It's super easy. Just find a recipe online. I put mine on tacos or a banh mi.

I think doing actual pickled cucumbers is harder and you need to be more careful with sterilization if you don't plan on eating them fairly soon after.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried this one last night. It was okay at best. I've never really cooked radishes before and I don't think I'd go through the effort again. 

I didn't follow the recipe exactly. I think it made it worse. I cooked the feta with the radishes instead of sprinkling it on after because feta doesn't melt. I thought it would get some nice caramelization. It turns out that the radishes just bleed so you get  pink feta cheese with the texture of an eraser.