• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Yankees 4/27/2018 - Ohtani hits 5th

30 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Bottom line.

If I'm a manager without a proven closer, and I'm looking around to see who my closer is going to be...and you come in and WALK the leadoff batter in a hard fought, 1 run, closer situation, you are not my closer the next time I need a closer.

Just sayin..

First close game of 2003, some dude named Frankie Rodriguez came in the 7th and walked the first two batters, everything went to shit. Glad we DFA'd that guy the next day. 

1 hour ago, 101halo said:

So Puig is dogshit, Pederson is dogshit, Taylor is dogshit, Jansen is dogshit, Rich Hill is dogshit. No longer have a legit closer, and we're barely over 500. Idk what we are going to do to fix this shit but this team that went to the WS last year isn't as complete as I thought. 

Angels are 16-10 and just faced 5 of the best starters in baseball in last 6 days. 

I look forward to the day a team can say that about facing the Halos (facing one of the best AL starters).

3 minutes ago, 101halo said:

First close game of 2003, some dude named Frankie Rodriguez came in the 7th and walked the first two batters, everything went to shit. Glad we DFA'd that guy the next day. 

Frankie had PROVEN he could get guys out in high leverage (the highest there are) situations. Are you saying you see some early 2000's Frankie in Middleton? (cause I dont)

39 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Frankie had PROVEN he could get guys out in high leverage (the highest there are) situations. Are you saying you see some early 2000's Frankie in Middleton? (cause I dont)

Nope, was replying to the specifics of an unproven guy coming in and walking the leadoff game and saying he should instantly lose his closing job. Its not a perfect example, I know. But saying that a few innings in 2002 postseason made Frankie PROVEN is a bit of a stretch, too. I know it was the biggest stage, but still small sample size. Are you willing to say that Trout is never going to be a clutch player based on the one series against the Royals a few years ago? Same general logic. 

39 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Right now? Anderson..but it could be Cam, whoever. Doesn't matter as long as you make your point that you don't walk leadoff hitters with a lead in the 9th ..DO NOT WALK THE LEADOFF BATTER WITH A ONE RUN LEAD...it's simple.

If air is a little less heavy tonight, Anderson gives up a 3 run HR to Stanton. Say he has a bad game tomorrow, is he out too? Who would be next, Cam? And then what if Cam has a bad few games? 

11 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Of course I’m sitting next to the loudest most obnoxious prick Yankee douche in the entire stadium.  

See, that's the problem with Angel fans. They aren't pricky-obnoxious enough in their own stadium. They sit on their hands and contemplate whether the bleach-blonde wife and kids want another order of nachos with fake cheese on it.

In the meantime, REAL fans of the other team show up and actually get animated about their team.

Dont blame Didi for the curtain call. He's just obliging the loudest fans in the park's wishes.........

I never minded attending Yankee games in Anaheim. They are way more polite and savvy than Red Sox fans. 

9 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

Right now? Anderson..but it could be Cam, whoever. Doesn't matter as long as you make your point that you don't walk leadoff hitters with a lead in the 9th ..DO NOT WALK THE LEADOFF BATTER WITH A ONE RUN LEAD...it's simple.

Chill,  It’s not like it was a 4 pitch walk

4 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

See, that's the problem with Angel fans. They aren't pricky-obnoxious enough in their own stadium. They sit on their hands and contemplate whether the bleach-blonde wife and kids want another order of nachos with fake cheese on it.

In the meantime, REAL fans of the other team show up and actually get animated about their team.

Dont blame Didi for the curtain call. He's just obliging the loudest fans in the park's wishes.........

I never minded attending Yankee games in Anaheim. They are way more polite and savvy than Red Sox fans. 

Lol, I’m not a “real” fan because I’m unwilling to get into a fight with a drunk asshole and his stupid prick friends ?  I cheered as loudly for the Angels as they did for the Yankees.  There were more yankee fans around me then Angels fans.  The few Angels fans were fucking grannies.  The money I spend on the Angels EVERY year I think backs up my fan card.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

4 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Where were your seats last night?

7 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Lol, I’m not a “real” fan because I’m unwilling to get into a fight with a drunk asshole and his stupid prick friends ?  I cheered as loudly for the Angels as they did for the Yankees.  There were more yankee fans around me then Angels fans.  The few Angels fans were fucking grannies.  The money I spend on the Angels EVERY year I think backs up my fan card.  

We are in agreement, it appears. Not a reflection on you, specifically, just the idleness of the typical Angel fans.

What an embarrassment. A curtain call by a visitor in your own stadium. The Yankee players say they have never seen, nor heard of that happening.

But, there you go. The organization cant even decide what CITY it represents. 

16 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

I get tired of the beach balls.   This ain’t the beach!  It’s a BASEBALL stadium!

18 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

I can’t stand the Skanks or Red Sux and the East Coast bias that comes with them.

I love the passion, just not the conceit.