• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who is the second best player in Major League Baseball?

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/04/second-best-mlb-position-player-after-trout-harper-machado-lindor-correa-bryant

...Mike Trout is the best player in Major League Baseball, but who is the second best? This post will examine the cases for and against many of the sport’s most prominent stars, followed by a poll. It’s based on players’ current values to their teams, not necessarily their future values, and it is based largely on performances over the past few seasons — with one very anomalous exception...

16 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

You could make a case for Kershaw. He's been dominate since 2011. I am guessing he is not mentioned here because he is a pitcher and not a position player but that is still disrespectful to not mention his name. 

He's mentioned in the opening paragraph...

Right now I'd vote for either Altuve or Bryant, but I think Harper and Correa have a good chance of edging them out by year's end. Both need to repeat or improve upon their 2017 performance, and with better health.

Way too soon to talk about Ohtani, but in a couple years he could be the most valuable player in MLB.

1 hour ago, JustATroutFan said:

You could make a case for Kershaw. He's been dominate since 2011. I am guessing he is not mentioned here because he is a pitcher and not a position player but that is still disrespectful to not mention his name. 

Or perhaps it's because he's having his worst season in 8 years