• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Amateur Draft Thread

One of the most athletic players in the class, Adams is at least a 70-grade runner and many scouts have called him a legit, top-of-the-scale 80 runner. Committed to North Carolina to play both baseball andfootball, Adams is a four-star wide receiver whose father, Deke, is the defensive line coach for the Tar Heels football team. Adams has long been seen as a talented football player whose reputation among baseball circles was a raw, athletic player with tools who had real questions about his ability in the batter’s box. That perspective changed at USA Baseball’s National High School Invitational in late March, when Adams was arguably the tournament’s best hitter in a field that included many of the top prep bats in the draft class. At the NHSI, Adams had the fifth-highest average exit velocity thanks to a number of well-struck line drives. Teams immediately started watching Adams’ games with Green Hope High (Cary, N.C.) with more interest, as he put himself in the conversation to be a potential day one pick. Adams is an 80-grade athlete with impressive makeup, a chance to become an impact defender in center field and possesses a better hit tool than most scouts believed a year ago. Late in Green Hope’s season Adams has also shown enough power in games that might allow evaluators to project future plus power considering his bat speed and wiry frame, although there are scouts who have already put 60-grade power on Adams now. Between his collection of tools and his performance in front of the league’s top decision-makers, Adams has positioned himself to go on day one to a team that has the money to invest in a high-risk, high-reward player who could take large steps forward if he ever focuses exclusively on baseball. As a highly rated receiver with a potential in professional football, the price tag will likely be a high one.

-

I'm bummed we didn't get a college arm, but I'm pretty stoked about this kid. 

8 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'm bummed we didn't get a college arm, but I'm pretty stoked about this kid. 

There are still a shit ton of them available...   I'm a bit concerned about the kid's Father being a coach at the school he's got a commitment to play at..  because those guys tend to go play for their Dads..  but he's this year's Jo Adell as far as the guy that did the most to improve his stock

Edited by Inside Pitch