• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2018 AL MVP race

All of these guys outside of Trout MAY fall off big time soon.

I can't trust any of these guys who have played way above their career numbers, outside of Judge.  Miggy won't win MVP unless he has an out of this world season with the bat. Tigers are not going anywhere and Miggy doesn't play good defense or steal bases.

You have to consider staying power, and how competitive a team is...

1. Machado won't get it because he'll play for a losing team for most of the season before getting traded. If it's an NL team, he definitely won't be in it.

2. Didi doesn't have staying power. He's just got right now.

3. Judge, I kind of feel like pitchers began making adjustments to him last year. His second half was a significant drop off and I can see that happening again.

4. I think Cabrera's time as an MVP has passed, though I still think he's a productive bat. Sort of like when we signed Pujols. He wasn't an MVP anymore but was still a good bat at the time.

I see this one coming down to the Angels, Sox and Astros.

Trout is the front runner, meaning if he's healthy he'll win, pretty much a guarantee.

Then there's Altuve, Correa and Betts. All three are great, just not once in a lifetime great at age 26 like Trout is.

Then the dark horses, Shohei Ohtani and Andrelton Simmons. If Ohtani keeps hitting and settles into a groove on the mound, he very well could be a 6-7 win player. And Andrelton is clearly the best defensive player in baseball, but right now he's looking like he's reaching his offensive ceiling. Hitting for more power than ever, hitting for average and getting on base. He might be a 7 win player as well.

11 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

All of these guys outside of Trout MAY fall off big time soon.

I can't trust any of these guys who have played way above their career numbers, outside of Judge.  Miggy won't win MVP unless he has an out of this world season with the bat. Tigers are not going anywhere and Miggy doesn't play good defense or steal bases.

Machado is my pick to make it interesting  ... his name alone will carry value into the voting . 

1 hour ago, Troll Daddy said:

Machado is my pick to make it interesting  ... his name alone will carry value into the voting . 

I just kind of feel like guys that play on losing teams face an uphill battle. I mean Trout didn't win it a few different times despite deserving it simply because the Angels weren't a playoff team. 

And that's far and away the best player in the game. Machado is good, but he's no Trout, so I don't think he can convince voters to look past that.

Plus, if he's traded to an NL team, it won't matter what his numbers are. Like with JD Martinez last year. Played well enough to be in the conversation in both leagues. Didn't get it.