• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How the Angels Could Get Out of Paying Albert Pujols

krAbs

5 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

This is one of the most melodramatic posts I've ever seen on the internet

Well I forgot the biggest part.

11. The Angels would probably lose a bunch of games. I mean yeah the team would likely be better on the field, but in the clubhouse, they'd probably fall apart.

8 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Scotty, you forgot World War 3 in your timeline. 

Hmm, pretty sure "Global Thermonuclear War" happens in that timeline ...

You know, maybe if we win a World Series, he'll decide he wants to go out "on top" (ahem), and may retire for 80% of his remaining salary.   But even that's unlikely - he'll probably want to play as long as there are milestones within reach.  

• 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

It’s laughable that anybody believes the guy is 39. Not only do Dominicans have a history of lying about their ages Pooh himself has said that he’s 41. 

He's going to shock everybody when he passes Minnie Minoso.

Albert is going to keep playing until his contract is finished. Get used to it. Stop losing sleep over it. It's out of your control. The sooner some of you come to grips with that, the easy it will be for you to just enjoy Angels baseball.

Ausmus is managing Pujols' time in the lineup and where he beats well. He's been true to his word in this case.

Edited by True Grich

Just now, True Grich said:

Albert is going to keep playing until his contract is finished. Get used to it. Stop losing sleep over it. It's out of your control. The sooner some of you come to grips with that, the easy it will be for you to just enjoy Angels baseball.

Ausmus is managing Pujols' time in the lineup and where he beats well. He's been true to his word on this case.

Bitching about Albert playing is the only reason a few guys here even visit the site. So as much as they bitch and moan, the day Albert retires or is bought out a little piece of them will die. 

I will never understand the hatred over this.... but some of you need to wrap your head around the fact that it isnt going to happen, hes going to get paid, the only question is how and when. 
Pujols has had huge effect on Trout and his development, and might even be one of the largest reasons he stayed.
Im just really tired of reading these.

8 hours ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

It’s laughable that anybody believes the guy is 39. Not only do Dominicans have a history of lying about their ages Pooh himself has said that he’s 41. 

There were rumors about him being 2-3 years older than he said he was before he signed with the Angels. The Cards obviously knew something since they initially offered him a 5 year deal which he found "insulting" lol. I mean offering a 34 year old a 5 year deal is insulting I guess.

They increased their offer to 7 years which would have made him 41 at the end of the deal, but he still said no. And then Arte Morono stepped in and the rest is history. Albert will be 44 by the end of his deal, it's shocking and sad at the same time.

14 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I come here to bitch about Pujols.  I think he's a phony-ass c-sucker, and has held this franchise back for close to a decade.  But au contrair, when he leaves, a part of me will spring eternal.  I will start going to games again.

Why do you hate him so much? Are you so blinded by how much he’s paid that you can’t see that he does a lot of great things for his community? Was he a “phony-ass c-sucker” when he was one of the best in baseball history while he was with the Cardinals?

Or are you just a special troll that craves special attention so you lash out in fake anger every time someone mentions Pujols?

3 minutes ago, Kody Mac said:

Why do you hate him so much? Are you so blinded by how much he’s paid that you can’t see that he does a lot of great things for his community? Was he a “phony-ass c-sucker” when he was one of the best in baseball history while he was with the Cardinals?

Or are you just a special troll that craves special attention so you lash out in fake anger every time someone mentions Pujols?

It’s jealousy and the fact he doesn’t perform, oh and the fact Arte signed the guy.  If YK isn’t hating on Albert it is because he is hating on Arte.  Or firemen, or Memorial Day hats.  I am sure I am missing a few.

20 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

There were rumors about him being 2-3 years older than he said he was before he signed with the Angels. The Cards obviously knew something since they initially offered him a 5 year deal which he found "insulting" lol. I mean offering a 34 year old a 5 year deal is insulting I guess.

They increased their offer to 7 years which would have made him 41 at the end of the deal, but he still said no. And then Arte Morono stepped in and the rest is history. Albert will be 44 by the end of his deal, it's shocking and sad at the same time.

He’s 39.

9 minutes ago, Kody Mac said:

He's a phony.

He had a perfect setup in St. Louis.  PERFECT. But he and his wife got offended by a perfectly reasonable offer by the Cardinals. And here's where the phony part comes in: God told them to come to Anaheim.  Oh for F*ck's sake, get over yourselves.  Sure, god has time to speak to you to tell you to take the $250 million contract, instead of $200 million contract offered by someone else.  Get the F out of here. Yeah, god is going to ignore the dying and inhumaneness all over the world.  But he's going to guide Albert to Anaheim.  Puh-leeeze.

He's defensive in every single sound bite, Mang.  Sounds like a complete prick.  And oh by the way, he hasn't produced for shit since he's been here.  

He's selfish.  VERY much more concerned about his personal milestones and passing dead guys on lists.  Team playoff wins since he's been here?  0.

Cannot wait until that prick is gone.

Question for you:  How many hitting categories has Pujols led the league in since he's been here?

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

It’s jealousy and the fact he doesn’t perform, oh and the fact Arte signed the guy.  If YK isn’t hating on Albert it is because he is hating on Arte.  Or firemen, or Memorial Day hats.  I am sure I am missing a few.

Sounds like he needs a hug. HE obviously wasn’t loved enough as a child. Though I do understand the 40’s were a tough time.