• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Astros 4/25/2018

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

Verlander

location.php-pitchSel=434378&game=gid_20

Tropeano

location.php-pitchSel=607374&game=gid_20

Before anyone complains about umpiring look first at what the umpire sees from each pitcher. Tropeano's misses were much wider than Verlander but he also got three out of zone pitches called in his favor while Verlander got two. 

Your TV set is the worst view to call balls and strikes. But you can't miss the fact Nick was more erratic with his control while Verlander's spray chart is much more focused. 

Also worth noting - my understanding is that most of these (including in game graphics) are surprisingly bad at calling balls and strikes. most of these rely on pitch trajectory rather than location, so I think high movement pitches tend to give the system problems. It seems like something that should be perfect, but there really actually is a lot of work that still needs to go into these systems (before we could get robot umps).

1 minute ago, Troll Daddy said:

Interesting clip ... it appears the ball is going below the strike zone but Maldy does such a good job of framing ... it appears to be in the strike zone. 

Btw classic Sosh reaction lol

Where am I wrong, but didn't that pitch have a good lag of the ball above the strike zone?  

That was not a ball!

8 hours ago, Randy Gradishar said:

'Twas my schtick for the series and probably the reason the Angels took the first two; I thought you ruined it but perhaps not.

Sorry, didn't pick that up from you at all. 

Moving on.

8 hours ago, Ohtani&Trout said:

Feel free to dismiss what I said with facts rather than emotion if you want. 

....................…...............................

On April 24, 2018 at 7:36 PM, Ohtani&Trout said:

Oh...just checked the schedule. Ohtani’s next 3 starts (assuming he pitches every Tuesday): in Coors Field, vs Houston, and then at Toronto.

He’s being fed the toughest schedule. How stupid are the Angels? Give him some easy games.

On April 24, 2018 at 8:11 PM, Ohtani&Trout said:

Of course. 

Maldonado’s pitch calling sucks. Nice framer but these pitchers are throwing way too many meatballs and hittable pitches in good pitching counts.

On April 24, 2018 at 8:33 PM, Ohtani&Trout said:

Lmfao at calling for Bedrosian here. Scioscia must really want to lose.

9 hours ago, Ohtani&Trout said:

There is no way this will get it done in the postseason or against good hitting teams. 

Only the Marlins, White Sox, and Braves have allowed more walks than the Angels. Two of these three teams are in contention for worst team in baseball.

Yeah, you're nothing but a picture of grace under pressure.