• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tonight's Strike Zone

Umpires play far too significant a role in the games. There's obviously going to be inconsistencies but a strike is a strike and a ball is a ball. It's not up for interpretation.

I'm not sure I'm up for robots or some shit but I'm certainly for these assholes being actually held accountable for fucking up. Games shouldn't be directly affected by the umpires.

vs. lefties.  

LAA - 3 pitches outside the zone call strikes.  2 others near the edge called strikes.  5 pitches in the zone call balls

HOU - 2 pitches outside the zone called strikes.  1 pitch inside the zone called a ball

vs. righties

LAA - 2 outside the zone called strikes.  2 others that were barely on the edge called strikes.  8 pitches in the zone called balls.  5 of which were touching the edge

Hou - 2 outside the zone called strikes.  11 pitches inside the zone called balls.  9 of which were on the edge.  

one of the most inconsistent and horrible ball/strike calling performances I have seen from an ump across the board.  

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

vs. lefties.  

LAA - 3 pitches outside the zone call strikes.  2 others near the edge called strikes.  5 pitches in the zone call balls

HOU - 2 pitches outside the zone called strikes.  1 pitch inside the zone called a ball

vs. righties

LAA - 2 outside the zone called strikes.  2 others that were barely on the edge called strikes.  8 pitches in the zone called balls.  5 of which were touching the edge

Hou - 2 outside the zone called strikes.  11 pitches inside the zone called balls.  9 of which were on the edge.  

one of the most inconsistent and horrible ball/strike calling performances I have seen from an ump across the board.  

I think the word inconsistent is the most important. An ump that has a weird zone, but is consistent with it, can be adjusted for. The ump would still suck, but you could at least say "hey, pitcher/catcher/coach, why didn't you adjust?" A zone like this you just have to throw up your arms and hope for good luck. 

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

Umpires play far too significant a role in the games. There's obviously going to be inconsistencies but a strike is a strike and a ball is a ball. It's not up for interpretation.

I'm not sure I'm up for robots or some shit but I'm certainly for these assholes being actually held accountable for fucking up. Games shouldn't be directly affected by the umpires.

Ok so question why would u not be ok with technology getting every ball and strike correct instead of let’s say 80% correct ?

7 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Ok so question why would u not be ok with technology getting every ball and strike correct instead of let’s say 80% correct ?

80% is a joke right?  That would mean in an average game there’s 50-70 pitches called incorrectly.   

I still think the old adage is true.  If you are throwing strikes you get the call.  If you are throwing a lot of pitches out of the zone you won’t get borderline calls.  Not to mention if your catcher is set up high and you hit the bottom of the zone it’s probably going to be called a ball.  Also watched Maldonado set up outside and caught the ball on the inside corner and it was called a ball.   Hit the catchers glove and you’ll get the call.  

16 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

I still think the old adage is true.  If you are throwing strikes you get the call.  If you are throwing a lot of pitches out of the zone you won’t get borderline calls.  Not to mention if your catcher is set up high and you hit the bottom of the zone it’s probably going to be called a ball.  Also watched Maldonado set up outside and caught the ball on the inside corner and it was called a ball.   Hit the catchers glove and you’ll get the call.  

I'm not sure any of that is in the rule book.