• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hero or Goat - 4/23/2018

HERO!!!!!  

46 members have voted

1. 1. tough call today

• Tyler Skaggs - 7 scoreless vs. the world champ with a change up for everyone to dream on going forward
    • Justin Anderson - 99mph in his debut with a scoreless IP and k of Correa.
    • Middleton - dude knuckled up big time.
    • Entire pitching staff?
    • Upton -Gerrit Cole was dealing. Dude is slumping. And hits a laser to CF for an RBI
    • Calhoun - chop knock but gotta love the guy.
    • Maldonado - getting the final out at 3b for a CS to end the game. that was sick.

27 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Skaggs with the third pitch tonight.  The difference between him being a middle of the rotation guy and a potential front end guy.  Change was sick tonight peeps.  He's going to get some swing and miss on that going forward.  

This.   It's not spectacular-looking - but with that late break, it just disappears under the bat - hard to make contact with and all-but-impossible to do anything with.  If he can reliably command it like tonight, maybe throw it more than 10% of the time. 

But what do I know, was a great outing - was a little nervy in the first inning, but after that, was in command - very pleased to see.  

Definitely Skaggs for a great night pitching and keeping us ahead of a guy who's been one of the best pitchers in baseball so far this year.  However, even more so for the fact our bullpen finally got some sort of rest thanks to pitching a full 7 innings for (i think) only the 3rd time this year.  

12 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Went with the entire pitching staff, but I'll give the silver to Trout. While the team was still scuffling, he was getting on base, running, pushing through. He sets the tempo. And I think he put the fear of God into Cole with his shot up the middle.

Seriously.. I think Cole was relived to still have his head in his shoulders after that shot up the middle. Trouty just missed the fastball in his prior at bat, as well on the fly out to center.

I thought Skaggs had one of his best pitching performances I've seen from him.  However, the 9th inning performance by Middleton is what stands out to me.  He couldn't find the strike zone with the first two batters, though I thought he was getting squeezed two or three pitches to the first batter.  Then he allows two men to reach, he maintained composure.  When Nagy went to the mound before the 3rd hitter, Marwin Gonzalez, you could see a confidence in Middleton's eyes that showed me he was going to close this thing out.  He definitely had help with Machete's throw, which was amazing.  But the composure I saw from Middleton gives me a lot of confidence moving forward.