• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

RHP Justin Anderson for his major league debut

pHgaMaP3_bigger.jpg Jeff FletcherVerified account @JeffFletcherOCR 29m29 minutes ago

The #Angels have called up RHP Justin Anderson for his major league debut. Also Eduardo Paredes is back. Blake Wood has been placed on the DL, although his exact injury hasn’t been released yet.

Blake Wood has a right elbow impingement. More detail on that to come. #Angels

Number 4 on @Chuckster70's Prospect Hotlist

4. Justin Anderson, RHP – AAA (8 2/3 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 14 K’s)

The 25-year old showed a good moving mid-90s fastball and knock out breaking pitch in spring training, notching seven scoreless innings while fanning seven. He has yet to be scored upon in 2018 since and was rewarded with a promotion from Double-A to Triple-A. Anderson has punched out 14 batters across two levels in 8 2/3 relief innings. One to watch as a potential big league call-up this season for the Angels.

figured he was the next pen arm to get the call.  

I think it was speculated this spring that he must have a new pitch because of the k's he was racking up.  On top of the fact that he was pretty bad the last couple years.  Any truth to that?

Last year was his first as a reliever so it could be that he's figured out how to throw meaningful strikes with a couple of pitches.  Congrats to him.  

He was actually born in Houston so I am sure he'll have a ton of family out to watch him for the next few games.  

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

99.  plus slider.  Seriously saw him as 93-94 previously with top out at 96.  maybe.  WTF happened?  

Actually need to see him vs. lefties.  

I'm worried about him facing lefties. The horizontal run on that slider means that pitches that look like strikes are going to bean them in the knees. 

17 minutes ago, 101halo said:

I'm worried about him facing lefties. The horizontal run on that slider means that pitches that look like strikes are going to bean them in the knees. 

He wasn't fazed by lefties this past spring or in the minors. 

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

He wasn't fazed by lefties this past spring or in the minors. 

It was mostly just a compliment on how much it moves and how nasty the pitch is.

And subsequently an opportunity to laugh at that Aybar GIF for about the 10,000th time. I miss that guy for entertainment value (and he was pretty damn good for quite a while). The bees, always the bees! 

Interesting tidbit on him: there appears to have been an Orioles prospect a few years back with the same name that never made it out of A ball, but that's it. Only other guy to play professionally with the same name. Kind of surprising given neither first nor last name are very rare. 

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

"Blake Wood has a right elbow impingement. More detail on that to come."

To clarify, Wood's elbow was impinging on the team's success.

It's pretty cruel that they made him walk to the office of Dr James Andrew. I mean, I know he has plenty of experience walking, even in LA, but still.