Jump to content
  • Welcome to AngelsWin.com

    AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

    Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

    Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

     

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Astros (4/23/2018)


Recommended Posts

Just now, JarsOfClay said:

Nice lineup although Id like to see Calhoun moved to the 2 spot temporarily  just to try and get him out of this funk. It would also break up the 4 righties at the top.

I have thought about this as well.  Or bat him behind Trout to see how many fastballs he gets.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Nice lineup although Id like to see Calhoun moved to the 2 spot temporarily  just to try and get him out of this funk. It would also break up the 4 righties at the top.

 

are you ready to be shocked? 

37 minutes ago, Lou said:

I don't have a problem with that.

Hell, if Calhoun is going to be starting every day, let him bat 2nd for a couple of games. Maybe it'll light a fire under his ass.

If that doesn't work, bench him for Marte.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

I have thought about this as well.  Or bat him behind Trout to see how many fastballs he gets.  

Trout doesn't run as much as he used to.   Try batting Cold Calhoun in front of Trout.   He may still get those fastballs because pitchers don't want runners on base ahead of Trout hitting. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Trout doesn't run as much as he used to.   Try batting Cold Calhoun in front of Trout.   He may still get those fastballs because pitchers don't want runners on base ahead of Trout hitting. 

Lol @ Cold Calhoun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Trout doesn't run as much as he used to.   Try batting Cold Calhoun in front of Trout.   He may still get those fastballs because pitchers don't want runners on base ahead of Trout hitting. 

Even if Trout doesn't run they are still holding him on and opening up the right side of the infield for the left handed batter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Lefty and Marte doesn't hit righties well.

So I just checked and in 57 ABs against righties, Valbuena has a righteous .571 OPS. Is this too small a sample size?

Edit: Just checked Marte and in 22 ABs against righties, he’s got a .809 OPS. Figures.

Edited by Dick B Back
For shits and grins...
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Dick B Back said:

So I just checked and in 57 ABs against righties, Valbuena has a righteous .571 OPS. Is this too small a sample size?

Edit: Just checked Marte and in 22 ABs against righties, he’s got a .809 OPS. Figures.

Are you looking only at this year?  Or career?

Valbuena crushed righties last year.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

you can literally say that about anything shitty in your day to day life...

Damn traffic on the 55...F'n Sosh

Ran out of toilet paper...F'n Sosh

Dog crapped in the kitchen....

I can't get an erection. F'n Sosh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...