• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anaheim Stadium & environs today

thanks for all the responses.

am pleased to see the City of Anaheim has authorized an entertainment type zone for the Platinum Triangle area.

Arte did want to develop the area and cut a deal with the City - the city council actually approved Arte's offer by a vote of the council and then the Mayor said he was against it and wouldn't sign off on the agreement -- the arguments can go and did go back and forth on whether the Arte deal was a good one for the city or not -- per typical of these type deals, the developer gets concessions (land cost at virtually nothing) and increased property and sales tax revenue from the development help even the books and more over time.

land sitting vacant (as much of the Platinum Triangle has for years) generates little to no income.

not having been down there in about two years, I did notice the increase in residential units/ condos and the like in the area. Hopefully the plan approved by the City will work for everyone. I did see what looked like two large parking structures either built or being built in that area off State College Blvd. -- probably for the new condos there.

I went to the Golden Roast Brewing area -- and it did seem nice -- by the time we got there (about the same time as you YK  -- the place was packed -- but there were empty tables that no one could sit at  because of whatever reason --  I was used to walking into the National and just finding a table -- we did just sit and the server was great -- had some calamari and oysters with our drinks so all turned out OK. But we stayed at the park the whole game -- YK - you left in the 7th? GEEZ, Dodger fan conduct !!  I couldn't leave a one run game in the 7th -- Saturday's game was a good one right to the last out. And the post-game fireworks were fabulous.

thanks for all the responses. Glad to hear Anaheim is finally getting the promise of the Platinum Triangle area close to reality.

10 hours ago, failos said:

Re: Irvine

The area with the hangars seems perfect for a stadium. Lots of land to develop, and it’s a clean area right off the freeway.

from where i have to drive to get to a game, building a new stadium in irvine would be horrendous. it sucks just driving to anaheim right now, but adding the additional distance to irvine would keep me from going to any more games.

37 minutes ago, Kylegstrange said:

No , but who's the one saying there's nothing around angels stadium to do before the game? Everything I listed is right next door. Go bark up another tree Lou. 

Lol Why so angry? I didn't say a word about Anaheim.

i can think of at least 6 places off the top of my head right by AT&T.

Edited by Lou

6 hours ago, Kylegstrange said:

I don't what you are talking about? The angels have more than the giants do when it comes to surrounding bars etc. Around the stadium. Golden road, backstreet brewery. Karl strauss  noble brewery, the catch soon there's gonna be brewheim . Only thing I saw in SF was one brewery and a grilled cheese place. 

i noticed you conveniently left off "hooters."

you're not fooling anyone, bub.

4 minutes ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

That George complex is sweet. If I were back in my 20s, still drinking and single - I’d be in on that place and shagging Halo hotties every homestand. 

Those "hotties" are dudes 

23 minutes ago, Kylegstrange said:

AND hooters makes it worse how bub?

you are listing places around anaheim stadium. hooters is right by the stadium when you exit the 57.

i don't know where you're getting "AND hooters make it worse how" from. it was just left off your list.

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

That George complex is sweet. If I were back in my 20s, still drinking and single - I’d be in on that place and shagging Halo hotties every homestand. 

A coworwker of mine lives in that complex. He says the rooftop goes off during home games. There’s a pool, BBQ’s and a projector that displays the live game on a huge wall. I’m going to try and make it up there one of these days. 

7 hours ago, Tank said:

from where i have to drive to get to a game, building a new stadium in irvine would be horrendous. it sucks just driving to anaheim right now, but adding the additional distance to irvine would keep me from going to any more games.

I thought the question of moving the Angels was settled and we are not moving until the lease is up. Arte isn't going to exercise his opt out option. So either we build on the same site or just do a renovation. For those that hate city of Anaheim, I get it but it's better than Los Angeles. Getting in and out of Dodger Stadium is a nitemare and there are no restaurants or bars within walking distant to the ballpark. Walking to that stadium from anywhere takes commitment.