• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anaheim Stadium & environs today

About 90 percent of my Angels entertainment comes from the Angels winning, and having a good product on the field.

If I didn't read this message board, I don't think I would have ever thought we had a "problem" because our stadium isn't in a location like Seattle.

Do they not have restaurants where you guys live?

12 minutes ago, True Grich said:

This is no different than some posters here thinking that they are superior to others and continue to berate other posters for their opinions. What you’re watching on that video happens right here daily through a keyboard. 

9 minutes ago, Kylegstrange said:

I don't what you are talking about? The angels have more than the giants do when it comes to surrounding bars etc. Around the stadium. Golden road, backstreet brewery. Karl strauss  noble brewery, the catch soon there's gonna be brewheim . Only thing I saw in SF was one brewery and a grilled cheese place. 

By any chance, were you blindfolded when you went to the game?

29 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

This is no different than some posters here thinking that they are superior to others and continue to berate other posters for their opinions. What you’re watching on that video happens right here daily through a keyboard. 

lol

image.gif

I just went to Busch Stadium to see the Cardinals/Reds game on Saturday while on a business trip.  Wow!  The area around the stadium is unbelievable.  Tons of bars from hole in the walls, to big multi-story, open atrium bars with massive big screens.  Live music everywhere.  Stadium itself was really nice as well with great food (pastrami dog was insane) and lots of beer stands (and vendors which brought back memories).  Food and drink was definitely a level above our stadium's offerings.  Oh, and they had people go up and down the stairs between innings to collect trash and recycleables to keep the stadium from becoming a mess.  Nice touch.

I love the Big A, and never really understand all the criticism about it.  But whenever I finally get to go to a really nice stadium I see where it all comes from.

I've been to Yankee stadium and a buddy of mine used to live across the street from AT&T park.  The atmosphere in both those areas is something I don't envision Anaheim ever being able to compete with because they're both in big cities.   You can take the train to get to the game and hop on after to go home or on to the bar of your choice.  I like Angel stadium for what it is because I can park for free and get on the freeway easily after but no amount of new restaurants or shopping centers is going to make me want to hang out in Anaheim.  

6 hours ago, yk9001 said:

First game I ever used ticket scan from my phone.  Angel stadium was not up to the task.  Poor Alice's ticket scanner in the front section of the stadium didn't work well.  It couldn't scan phones much at all, and she had to type in the approx. 9 alphanumeric code at the bottom.  Incredibly inefficient.  We stood in line for twenty five minutes for a 25 yard line.  The security checkers stood idle while Alice tried to scan phones.

Lets work on that, folks.

I've been scanning my tickets off my phone at the stadium from at least 3 years now...

5 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

What else is there? 

I truly have no idea.  I guess every generation feels like this, but it just feels worse.  I bought my first home for $129k in Chino in 1994.  That same home is probably $500k now.  Our son just bought a house and it was $360k, which is only slightly less than I paid for a house at a time where my ex wife and I were making $225k a year combined.  Its insane.  

Just now, SuperTroopers said:

I truly have no idea.  I guess every generation feels like this, but it just feels worse.  I bought my first home for $129k in Chino in 1994.  That same home is probably $500k now.  Our son just bought a house and it was $360k, which is only slightly less than I paid for a house at a time where my ex wife and I were making $225k a year combined.  Its insane.  

Oh it definitely is worse. I mean I'm looking for a new apartment now, and $2000 is definitely below the median in the areas I've been looking. 

I went to IN N OUT on Saturday in Laguna Hills. Wanted to eat there, but there was no seating. The fuckhead behind the counter was all pissed because I asked him to bag my food when my order was ready.