• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Luke Bard DFA'd

9 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

I think Bard's best days are still ahead. But Rule 5's are put into a sink or swim circumstance, especially among contenders. He's been inconsistent though. Dominant last year in AA though, and hasvthe stuff to succeed in the majors.

Pretty sure you're right. 4BB/9 and 3HR/9 are a fairly safe bet to regress in his favor. 

Also, does hasvthe have the same etymology as covfefe? Has a similar structure that makes it nearly impossible to know how to pronounce. 

Appeared in 8 games for the Angels. In six of them, no runs - four of those, no hits. In the seventh game, gave up 1 run.  But the very visible game against Boston, he gave up 6 after coming in cold to relieve Ohtani.  One (very) bad outing out of 8. Against a team that was tattooing every other pitcher they faced as well.

I'm sorry to see him go.

29 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Appeared in 8 games for the Angels. In six of them, no runs - four of those, no hits. In the seventh game, gave up 1 run.  But the very visible game against Boston, he gave up 6 after coming in cold to relieve Ohtani.  One (very) bad outing out of 8. Against a team that was tattooing every other pitcher they faced as well.

I'm sorry to see him go.

That one bad outing was unbelievably bad though.  He gave up like 7 homers, 1 of which was to Brock Holt who didn't ht a single homer last year in 140 ab's.  It was like homerun derby out there.  Really humiliating outing.  I honestly thought they would DFA immediately after the game.

I hear ya. But I wonder about the circumstances. I wasn't watching the game when Ohtani came out, but I suspect Bard didn't go through his normal warmup process. Further, coming in early on the first game of what was (supposedly) going to be a great series, I suspect he was left out there longer than was warranted based on his stuff in order to not burn out the bullpen on the first day. Tough break, horrible outing, but if ever a mulligan was warranted, I think there's more to it than that line score.  His other 7 outings, he had a 0.90 ERA. 

Bad, bad perception, though, on a night with a national audience, and the hype of a playoff game. 

Just now, Slegnaac said:

If he clears waivers does that mean we would be able to shuttle him between AAA and the big club? 

You have to offer him back to the Twins first.....and both happening (clearing waivers and the Twins passing on him) are probably unlikely....

22 minutes ago, DMVol said:

You have to offer him back to the Twins first.....and both happening (clearing waivers and the Twins passing on him) are probably unlikely....

Yeah - the Twins can get him back for $25,000 and stash him back in their minors.