• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Giants (4/20/2018)

Chuck

3 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

A better idea than having Pujols hit 4th

As long as you realize that once you set your order on Opening Day you can't change it due to players getting hot or going cold, then ok. 

I prefer having the guys who are currently hitting better than the others to be higher up in the order, but we all have our own preferences 

1 minute ago, Ohtani&Trout said:

Eppler is fine overall, but he seriously overestimated and overvalued his starters. Having depth means nothing when the quality is this poor. The Angels needed a legit starter and they failed to get one.

You say he is fine overall and then you say he overvalued his starters. That seems to me a pretty serious error in judgment. Season’s still young, but the inability of our starters to get out of the 5th consistently is a pretty fatal flaw.

Just now, Lou said:

As long as you realize that once you set your order on Opening Day you can't change it due to players getting hot or going cold, then ok. 

I prefer having the guys who are currently hitting better than the others to be higher up in the order, but we all have our own preferences 

I’m just wondering if Cron will bat 5th or 6th and if the Rays mind if we borrow him to meet the needs of this fan expectation.  

1 minute ago, Lou said:

Exactly

Just now, Waybackman said:

You say he is fine overall and then you say he overvalued his starters. That seems to me a pretty serious error in judgment. Season’s still young, but the inability of our starters to get out of the 5th consistently is a pretty fatal flaw.

Pick the starter you would have signed

Just now, bloodbrother said:

How many of the FA signings have pitched well to start the year tbh? Arrieta is off to a good start but I think Darvish has been terrible, Cobb's been a disaster in Baltimore, and Lynn hasn't been great

At least they have proven track records. I still trust that Darvish and some of those others will pitch how they’re capable of. Skaggs and Heaney don’t have any proven track record. As said, their career ERA is closer to 5 than 4. Heaney’s career FIP is really close to 5 after today’s game. 

To those that are saying that we should have signed an extra starter in the off season...., well here are some stats:

Cobb with an ERA around 15 ........

Lynn and Darvish with an awesome Era's of  6!!!!

Chatwood with an Era of 4.60.... Ok that's a bit better than Heaney, But that about 14 mil for an 4.60 era

Ok Arrieta has been nasty so far, but at 32 was not worth us signing him.

3 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

How many of the FA signings have pitched well to start the year tbh? Arrieta is off to a good start but I think Darvish has been terrible, Cobb's been a disaster in Baltimore, and Lynn hasn't been great

Darvish:

0-1

6.00 era 

69  era+

1.533 whip

Just now, Vlad27Trout27 said:

To those that are saying that we should have signed an extra starter in the off season...., well here are some stats:

Cobb with an ERA around 15 ........

Lynn and Darvish with an awesome Era's of  6!!!!

Chatwood with an Era of 4.60.... Ok that's a bit better than Heaney, But that about 14 mil for an 4.60 era

Ok Arrieta has been nasty so far, but at 32 was not worth us signing him.

And loss of draft pick. 

4 minutes ago, Waybackman said:

Bet we get swept by the Giants. Then we get Houston. Is Eppler still a genius?

He's got the org moving in the right direction. They were in ROUGH shape as early as 2 years ago with a bloated payroll filled with overpaid and underperforming veterans, and had one of the weakest farm systems by an MLB team in years

They weren't going to jump so soon on Houston, Cleveland, Boston, NY's level as far as talent/upside but they are closing the gap.

3 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Exactly

Right, but you realize this means if you say that (insert player's name here) should be moved up or down in the order, it has to be based on what they've done the past 2 years (excluding BA).