• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

27-3

That's the total runs scored by the Red Sox and Angels. What an embarassment - the Angels should honestly be embarassed.

I know, the Red Sox are really hot, and really good. But I think this series should serve as a bit of a wake-up call that this team is probably not as good as we hoped they were. 

I know: its early, and they're still 13-6. But still...27 to 3 is just plain ugly.

31 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

It’s a wake up call for sure. I am not sure the Angels could play any worse than they did. Trout Ohtani and the entire team were a complete no show. Literally from the opening batter. Life goes on turn it around tomorrow. 

What the hell are you even talking about!? Trout only played one bad game in the series against the Red Sox, the final game.

Yeah, I think you have to adjust your expectations at this point.  Boston's offense is really good, so no surprise there, but the fact they laid down, to a man, on offense, and let themselves be walked over for 3 straight games at home in decisive fashion says they are pretty flawed.  At least they can beat up on the dregs, unlike other seasons, to pad their win-loss record but eventually they will have to play good teams with decent-to-excellent starting pitching and bullpens so they are going to have to figure how manufacture runs when they are seemingly scarce. 

Everyone settle down, please. It's not the end of the world.

I was remembering 2002 and our 14th loss of that young season, 1-0 to Seattle. I think the Mariners' run was unearned. An excruciating game, where I recall we left the tying run on third base twice in the late innings, yet failed to score. That loss put us at 6-14 and a staggering 10.5 games back in the division. Can you imagine this board if we had AngelsWin at that time? The "Fire Scioscia" threads would have been epic.

Right after that lowest of low points, we won 21 of our next 24 games and the Series.

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Look at it this way....

This is how Rangers fans felt a week ago. 

The rangers don’t have this kind of talent (at least offensively)

this was a eye opener about the entire pitching staff. 

Everyone questioned it entering the season and now we finally saw what they’re capable of against a real contender. It’s not good. 

laughable that anyone thinks MS should be 'chewing some ass' behind the scenes.  These are grown men and professionals.  They got stomped and it sucked to watch.  Does anyone really think the players wanted that to happen?  Does it really mean that we suck all of a sudden or that this should be some huge wake up call?  

What should they do different?  play better?  no offense, but DUH.  

I hope this isn't some 'wake up call' or forces anyone to change what they are doing or for the front office to going out and make a bunch of moves based on a three game series 20 games into a season of which we are 13-6.  

What meaningful moves can they make right now?  Call up Jabari Blash?  Ian Krol?  Some serious needle movers right there.  

They need to forget this series and move on.  Not dwell on it as if it actually means more than a 3 game whooping.  

48 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I thought 27-3 was your prediction for the Red Sox record after their first 30 games...

The way they're playing they could probably make it 40-3 before cooling down a bit.

The only good news about all this is that the Yankees can forget about the division.

Edited by fan_since79

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

The way they're playing they could probably make it 40-3 before cooling down a bit.

The only good news about all this is that the Yankees can forget about the division.

So then the wild card spots are down to...

Los Angeles

New York

minnesota 

cleveland 

Toronto 

maybe Seattle 

This could have turned out to be a blessing in disguise. It showed that we still need help on the mound (especially in the bullpen), and it reminded us all of the old adage that good pitching will stop good hitting. It stopped our hitters, and our pitching wasn't good enough to stop their hitters.

The timing was probably a good thing. This would REALLY have sucked in August.

By wake-up call I mean us, the fans. I include myself in that group. Four days ago I was thinking 95-100 wins, now I’ll be happy with 90. Still a good team, just not quite as good as I hoped.

And I agree with Doc that the front office shouldn’t change their plan drastically. I think they’re looking at the first couple months as “let’s see what we have so we can figure out what we need.” That still hasn’t been ascertained.