• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Shohei Ohtani THIS & THAT thread.

Chuck

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

All of those saying that Ohtani hasn't faced a good O yet, keep in mind that the A's have been more productive than both World Series teams in the Astros & Dodgers offensively. Ohtani has 2 wins in 2 starts, 18 K's across 13 innings with a 2.08 ERA, 0.46 WHIP vs. the 6th best OPS in the league. 

OhtaniVsAs.png

Yep. The issue with Oakland isn't their offense. They're a bad team overall, but it's everything else that's bad about them, not their bats.

1 minute ago, Chris said:

Chowds will say it's because we didn't have Pedroia and Bogaerts in the lineup.  If they can spell that.

fortunately most of them will be too drunk to spell correctly.

as if being sober would have made any difference.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Here's Sox fans' thread on Ohtani. It actually began with several posts in 10/2016, then really picked up 6 months ago. (this is what happens when the board is down @Chuckster70)

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?threads/going-to-laaa-in-2018-shohei-ohtani.16199/

For the most part, they were actually excited to see him come. Initially, they were sure he would be a Yankee, then a Mariner. Only 1 guy mentioned us. Still, there were the usual: 

Who knows. I think Ohtani is going to be a total bust anyway, so no tears."

"Is winning on his check list?"

"i had my heart set on Alex Cobb more than Ohtani anyway.
   Come on Cash
"

"However, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he ends up a solid middle of the rotation starter and is widely considered a bust by the fans."

"Following in the footsteps of Josh Hamilton and Albert Pujols"

"So Ohtani is not interested in going to the post season then. Interesting."

The consensus seemed to be that they were good with him going to the Angels because, "at least he didn't go to the Yankees"

And same with the Yankees fans.  "at least he didn't go to the Red Sox."

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

If it was Sosh (and I mean Scioscia really recruited/was the reason for him signing here) I will give my heartiest of congratulations, and offer a new contract.

And I mean really was responsible.  Not the fakakta "Pujols is responsible for Ohtani's change in mechanism" bullshit spewed by, apparently, our announcers.

Considering how Sosh and Eppler seem to be on the same page, a new contract may not be such a bad thing.   Just as long as it's not anything near 10 years again.

I was listening to a Red Sox podcast today (section 10)

1. They’re the best in the league and no one compares

2. 2 of their guys love Ohtani, the 3rd guy says He’s 50/50 on Ohtani and compares it to Dice K’s start. 

3. They don’t respect the angels has a team and our fans aren’t “real” baseball fans.

how I listened for an hour + is beyond me. I just wanted their perspective on the angels and Ohtani. 

33 minutes ago, nando714 said:

I was listening to a Red Sox podcast today (section 10)

1. They’re the best in the league and no one compares

2. 2 of their guys love Ohtani, the 3rd guy says He’s 50/50 on Ohtani and compares it to Dice K’s start. 

3. They don’t respect the angels has a team and our fans aren’t “real” baseball fans.

how I listened for an hour + is beyond me. I just wanted their perspective on the angels and Ohtani. 

Is the podcast called Butthurt Daily?

22 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Is there such a thing as too much rest? Or is that just a sad excuse?

I think it threw him off of his schedule and affected his ability to control his pitches. Maybe just a little too much arm strength which could explain why he couldn't get anything down in the strike zone that was off speed.