• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rotation for KC Series

Warfarin

Tropeano on Thursday, Heaney on Friday, Richards on Saturday, Ohtani on Sunday as per Fletcher.

Barria optioned back down to make room for Tropeano.  Incidentally, the next time we need a 6th starter is next Saturday, which is the first day he can be called back up, I believe.  This will help us carry an extra reliever during this time.

Question is will Barria be the one who gets called back up to make that next start or will they go back to Bridwell? He pitched for Salt Lake today and pitched well - 5.1 IP, 7 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 6 K

I wonder if Barria was just brought up simply because they couldn't recall Bridwell yet since he hadn't been down for a full 10 days. Personally, I'd say Barria earned another start after his performance tonight

4 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Question is will Barria be the one who gets called back up to make that next start or will they go back to Bridwell? He pitched for Salt Lake today and pitched well - 5.1 IP, 7 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 6 K

I wonder if Barria was just brought up simply because they couldn't recall Bridwell yet since he hadn't been down for a full 10 days. Personally, I'd say Barria earned another start after his performance tonight

My gut says they'll give Bridwell another shot after the year he had last year (I'm one that unfortunately thinks a lot of it was unsustainable for him). 

Given what Barria did today, though, I suspect Bridwell's leash will be short if he struggles, 1-2 starts max, assuming Barria is pitching well during that time in AAA. 

4 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

That's my sentiment as well.  He pitched a good game.  Might as well give him another shot.  There are a lot of different ways we can play the rotation.  Bridwell, Tropeano, and Barria can be optioned / called back up all year, so a lot of different ways to mix and match the rotation.