• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I'm Fired Up!

20 minutes ago, SigBaby said:

Got to believe we will make a big splash at the deadline for a top of the rotation starter if things continue like this. I'm talking Archer or Michael Fulmer

Honestly, if we're talking about Archer, keep that overrated mofo the fuck away from this team IMO. 

EDIT: Now, Fulmer looks like someone with definite upside. Plus, he doesn't miss alot of bats, with our defense he'd definitely give up less hits. 

1 hour ago, 101halo said:

My favorite part was Richie Sexson. Guy just absolutely mashed always. But truly horrific defense (GIF fan appreciators approve) and high K rates made him even in his best seasons just an above average player. 

Off the top of my head. Was that when their lineup went lofton, alomar, manny, thome? That lineup was stacked.

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I have a feeling we are in for another year like 2002, this time with Houston threatening 100 wins and the Angels right there with em.

Its hard for me (battered wife) to get too wrapped up believing. I still see the pitching as meh.

But i was thinking about it the other day. The 2002 team had pretty medicore pitching too. And while it had a really good offense, it wasnt a texas/yankee offense for those times.

If we get a good bullpen year...and our pitching holds together enough to just be above average....the world series is a longshot (houston is still amazing, cleveland is still amazing), but we are at least legit contenders. 

Nice as hell to get out of the dark years weve been in.

2 minutes ago, LAAMike said:

The current streak is fun to watch but we must remember that playing against Oakland and Texas is not really much of a test.  Good series win at home against Cleveland.

Ive been thinking about that, too. Still, in the last few years, even the teams we should beat have been a struggle...

The main thing, aside from richards/skaggs being back replacing some of the duds we had to replace them with (well, it would be nice to have a healthy shoe) is having lineup depth.

Starting around 15, it became trout and pujols, with not a lot more. Brought in guys like joyce, ibanez, nava etc, not one worked out(!). (Think about how sad it is we missed giovotella when he left). Couple that with the espinozas weve brought in, it wasnt like it was trout/pujols and a bunch of average guys...it was those two was some really really bad guys.

Then pujols got worse.

Now, its trout/pujols (who hopefully keeps it going), plus upton (a stud). Plus cozart. Hopefully kinsler is a positive. Simmons has become a very nice bat at the back end. And on any night, a valbuena batting 7th or 8th can do something good.

Like i said, if no one key misses real time, this team should be fun.