• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I'm Fired Up!

5 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Obviously its early, but 79 runs in 2 weeks....feels like weve struggled to break 600 runs a year the last few seasons.

On pace for 1,067 runs. Most in history was the '99 Indians with 1,009 runs. 

6 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Im hoping for high 700s. If that happens, and our bullpen is just average, were in really good shape. If the bullpen somehow repeats 2017, were in great shape.

You doubt we can keep scoring 6.6 runs a game? Buzz kill. Kidding. Though I'm still hoping for north of 800. It's "only" 4.8/game here on out. 

I too am hoping we get to 800. Right now it seems doable.

But i have battered wife syndrome after the last few years. Right now the angels are being nice, havent overreacted to having meatloaf again, or that we forgot to pick up the dog shit. But we keep waiting for them to start drinking scotch again.

13 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

That team was nuts....5 players with OBPs over .400.

Nagy and Langston were on that team!

My favorite part was Richie Sexson. Guy just absolutely mashed always. But truly horrific defense (GIF fan appreciators approve) and high K rates made him even in his best seasons just an above average player. 

11 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I too am hoping we get to 800. Right now it seems doable.

But i have battered wife syndrome after the last few years. Right now the angels are being nice, havent overreacted to having meatloaf again, or that we forgot to pick up the dog shit. But we keep waiting for them to start drinking scotch again.

I'm so right there with you. Well said! 

Angels all time record was 2009 at 883 runs. We'd need 5.33 a game going forward to pass that. With the juiced ball, you never know... 

5 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

I said it would take 3 to 5 years for this team to be competitive. This stupid team just doesn’t listen!

01554702-B381-4639-B42B-D9AFDEE2A790.gif

The Ohtani signing was an absolute coup. To get an immediately ready top flight starter (and DH) for 6 years that for salary cap purposes cost the same as any other minor leaguer? It's a once in a generation type move, even if he were only a mid tier starter and had to give up hitting. The salary flexibility it offered up is basically the same gift as if Pujols retired yesterday, renouncing the rest of the contract (no judgment on his performance this year, just saying it has the same kind of salary implications). 

That's before you consider that his signing made the Angels a more attractive destination for FA as well as drawing a ton of extra foreign revenue to the team. Complete game changer.

Eppler could go full Dipoturd here on out and still be an exec of the year for beating all other GMs with Ohtani. 

The Upton move is also pretty underrated. Hard to believe Matt Joyce, Raul Ibanez, Vernon Wells, Cameron Maybin, and Ben Revere were some of the guys taking those at bats the last 5 years

I really don't give a fuck that we had to pay 20+M for him, having a left fielder that isn't a total liability at the plate is so worth it

2 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

The Upton move is also pretty underrated. Hard to believe Matt Joyce, Raul Ibanez, Vernon Wells, Cameron Maybin, and Ben Revere were some of the guys taking those at bats the last 5 years

I really don't give a fuck that we had to pay 20+M for him, having a left fielder that isn't a total liability at the plate is so worth it

Totally agree. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Eppler got lucky and Ohtani is the sole move to credit him for, just that it's a giant deal. 

Also, we'll never know, but have to wonder if Ohtani joins if Eppler were still in NY. His ties to Ohtani date back really far, could have been significant in the decision. If so, have to give Arte credit for bringing Eppler in, too. 

If this team's pitching improves, no doubt they can win their division. The offense has been so much fun to watch but the pitching needs to improve or it'll cost them a great chance at winning the division. Improvement from the Angels pitcher is such huge because playing in a Wild Card game is a do-or-die game. Playing in a 5-game series is much better.

15 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

I'm taking a page from @Dochalo here, but if the Angels remain neck and neck with the Astros, I would not be surprised at all to see them deal for someone at the deadline. 

i'd think that was an absolute certainty. i have no idea how the rest of the regular season will progress, but if it's similar to 2014, then you have to make your play.