• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

JC Ramirez to have TJ surgery

Chuck

Damn, I knew it was coming. Lucky that we have some depth because it is being tested early. We may need to grab a starter through trade or like somebody said John Lackey is still available. 

1. Richards

2 . Skaggs

3.  Heaney 

4. Tropeano 

5. Barria

6. Ohtani

thats a lot of inexperience 

17 minutes ago, TroutField said:

Damn, I knew it was coming. Lucky that we have some depth because it is being tested early. We may need to grab a starter through trade or like somebody said John Lackey is still available. 

1. Richards

2 . Skaggs

3.  Heaney 

4. Tropeano 

5. Barria

6. Ohtani

The way I'd think of it currently is:  Richards, Skaggs, Heaney, Tropeano, then Bridwell/Barria being flip flopped, then Ohtani qSu.  We'll see what happens with Shoemaker.  Obviously if someone else gets hurt and Shoemaker remains sidelined, we will have to consider other AAA options or a free agent.  I would be fine with Lackey as a band-aid for the season.  We will have 1 more spot open on the 40-man roster, now.

That said too though, I will gladly take the "inexperienced" Ohtani that we are currently seeing over like, 99% of MLB pitchers ;)

We had 9 starters on the 40-Man Roster to start the season. One is out for the rest of the year, JC Ramirez. Shoemaker was injured as well, and there is currently no timetable for his return.

Now they have 7. Shoemaker is eligible to come off the DL as early as Thursday, but we have no idea if he's healthy or not, just that his MRI came back clean. Heaney is going to pitch this week. Tropeano is likely to pitch only because Bridwell was sent down after his start and they could've called him back up when they sent Ramirez to the 10-Day DL, but they opted to have more relief arms. Now, Bridwell isn't eligible to come back to the Angels unless another arm goes on the DL until Tuesday against the Red Sox. Which is a game Skaggs will likely start.

We need more healthy arms that aren't questionable.

JC is now down, Shoe may or may not be, Richards is no guarantee to finish the season.

I believe the Angels need to make a move for another starter if we are going to compete for the entire season.

This was a fear of mine early in the spring..way too many question marks and recently repaired arms in the rotation.

2 hours ago, TroutField said:

1. Richards

2 . Skaggs

3.  Heaney 

4. Tropeano 

5. Barria

6. Ohtani

No Lackey. His wife decides where he can play.