• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Schimpf

He plaid 2B, 3B, LF, and RF for the Padres.  So at worse he is Valbuena's replacement and at best he is Troy Glaus's replacement (a power-hitting 3B).

To be clear, the ball jumps off his bat. 

By the way, he is two years older than Carlos Perez, has played the same number of years, and has acquired the same WAR.

Great trade Eppler, well done.

19 minutes ago, Gil said:

He's starting in LF tonight. If he can play 2b/3b and the corner outfield, that could go a long way in finding him a place on a team with a 6 man rotation and 3 man bench.

2B/3B/1B/Corner OF?  Super utility profile, and LH power hitter with patience?  Pretty nifty.  He has two options too, so that makes him all that much more valuable to us.  We'll need to work on getting that K rate to an acceptable rate (i.e. high 20s), but otherwise, I'd say he has a spot in our organization moving forward.  This is assuredly an up-and-down kind of season for him, but given our lack of infield depth, he has a good shot at being very useful for us moving forward.

9 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Beats paying Valbuena $8 million.

Schimpf has the potential to be a more versatile version of Valbuena moving forward.  Obviously it'll help us save $$ in future years.  This will help us free up some money to re-sign our own FAs (Richards, Maldonado, maybe Kinlser on a 1yr deal) and plug up any other holes that may arise.

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Thats not saying a whole lot.

I agree, it is not.  It is a shame we are unlikely to benefit from trading with Dipoto.  We will benefit in the sense that the Mariners are just going to keep getting worse, but it'd be cool to benefit directly by getting a useful piece from them for no cost at all ;)

12 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

He's here in case Kinsler is wasted money. 

If Kindler sucks after watching this team play the way they have without him, I'd be shocked.

Dude's getting up there, and wants a ring. With Pujols, Trout and new friend Ohtani holding him up by his bootstraps, I think it will be awesome to see him in a Halo uniform. 

• 1 month later...