• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Frank Stallone

Of course he was, that is the only way his name gets in the news.  I am just watching this and it seems like whoever goes after these kids is getting killed.  I don't remember a time like it before.

Are we treating them with kid gloves?  This generation doesn't need anymore of that.

42 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Of course he was, that is the only way his name gets in the news.  I am just watching this and it seems like whoever goes after these kids is getting killed.  I don't remember a time like it before.

Are we treating them with kid gloves?  This generation doesn't need anymore of that.

Why do people feel the need to "go after" these kids. There was nothing in Stallone's tweet that wasn't just hurling insults and get the MAGAs of the world to guffaw...Ingraham was doing nothing more than trying to mock the kid. If people don't have much better than hurling cheap insults at kids who watched their friends get slaughtered and decided to take a stand...they probably don't have much of a leg to stand on.

You also have a bunch of olds trying to attack kids who grew up with social media. Hell, look how easily David Hogg ruined Laura Ingraham's week. He didn't go off throwing insults or snark...playing to the meme crowd. He didn't go off in a corner. Best way to deal with a bully is punch'em in the nose...that's what he did.

28 minutes ago, red321 said:

Why do people feel the need to "go after" these kids. There was nothing in Stallone's tweet that wasn't just hurling insults and get the MAGAs of the world to guffaw...Ingraham was doing nothing more than trying to mock the kid. If people don't have much better than hurling cheap insults at kids who watched their friends get slaughtered and decided to take a stand...they probably don't have much of a leg to stand on.

You also have a bunch of olds trying to attack kids who grew up with social media. Hell, look how easily David Hogg ruined Laura Ingraham's week. He didn't go off throwing insults or snark...playing to the meme crowd. He didn't go off in a corner. Best way to deal with a bully is punch'em in the nose...that's what he did.

Whoever puts themselves out there makes themselves a target.  That is the way it works.  Opinions should be challenged.  That is what we do here everyday.

10 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Whoever puts themselves out there makes themselves a target.  That is the way it works.  Opinions should be challenged.  That is what we do here everyday.

What part of this tweet was Franke Stallone challenging David Hogg's opinion?

“This David Hogg pussy is getting a little big for his britches. I’m sure someone from his age group is dying to sucker punch this rich little bitch,” Stallone said in a Tweet that has since been deleted. “Watch him run home like the coward he is. He’s the worst rep for today’s youth headline grabbing punk.”

Or Laura Ingraham?

David Hogg Rejected By Four Colleges To Which He Applied and whines about it. (Dinged by UCLA with a 4.1 GPA...totally predictable given acceptance rates.)

3 minutes ago, red321 said:

What part of this tweet was Franke Stallone challenging David Hogg's opinion?

“This David Hogg pussy is getting a little big for his britches. I’m sure someone from his age group is dying to sucker punch this rich little bitch,” Stallone said in a Tweet that has since been deleted. “Watch him run home like the coward he is. He’s the worst rep for today’s youth headline grabbing punk.”

Or Laura Ingraham?

David Hogg Rejected By Four Colleges To Which He Applied and whines about it. (Dinged by UCLA with a 4.1 GPA...totally predictable given acceptance rates.)

Are you using the ad hominem argument?

These personal attacks on character are part of debate every day.  Now, if this an entire change of how debate happens in this country, that is great.

5 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Are you using the ad hominem argument?

These personal attacks on character are part of debate every day.  Now, if this an entire change of how debate happens in this country, that is great.

Call it whatever you want...personally I find it enjoyable to watch these kids stand up to the folks trying to bully them into silence with personal insults...and if it changes how debate happens that is fantastic.

I wonder.  What exactly is it that David Hogg said that makes personal insults fair game in the debate against his position ?  Is it the voting out business ? Doesn’t really seem that out of line to me.  

I will say, I think that David Hogg and that girl with the shaved head.   Emma something.  I think we’re at the point now where the responses they’re going to illicit are not positive.  They probably ought to lay low for a while.  The country is what it is.  Whatever is going on on the right with regard them is not good.  There’s a very ugly caricature that’s starting to emerge.  Even in mainstream conservative discourse.  

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I wonder.  What exactly is it that David Hogg said that makes personal insults fair game in the debate against his position ?  Is it the voting out business ? Doesn’t really seem that out of line to me.  

I will say, I think that David Hogg and that girl with the shaved head.   Emma something.  I think we’re at the point now where the responses they’re going to illicit are not positive.  They probably ought to lay low for a while.  The country is what it is.  Whatever is going on on the right with regard them is not good.  There’s a very ugly caricature that’s starting to emerge.  Even in mainstream conservative discourse.  

Isn't that the goal of the people trying to shout them down? 

Just now, red321 said:

Isn't that the goal of the people trying to shout them down? 

It is.  I’m not sure what the best thing to do is. But others need to take up the debate now.  Like I said,  the country is what it is.  It’s unfortunate that people like Ted Nugent talk and people listen and take him seriously.   Did you hear his lunatic rant about them being  “soulless” the other day  ?  It’s just going to keep getting worse.  

Another shootong event is going to happen.  Slowly but surely the needle is going to move against the Laura Ingahams and the Frank Stallones.  I think that movement is slowed down if these parkland kids allow themselves to be turned into strident anti American memes.  Which is exactly what those who oppose their message are trying to do.  

44 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

What made their insults against other fair game or beyond reproach? 
Perhaps the better question is when did it become acceptable to quash all opposing viewpoints? 

16 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

It is.  I’m not sure what the best thing to do is. But others need to take up the debate now.  Like I said,  the country is what it is.  It’s unfortunate that people like Ted Nugent talk and people listen and take him seriously.   Did you hear his lunatic rant about them being  “soulless” the other day  ?  It’s just going to keep getting worse.  

Another shootong event is going to happen.  Slowly but surely the needle is going to move against the Laura Ingahams and the Frank Stallones.  I think that movement is slowed down if these parkland kids allow themselves to be turned into strident anti American memes.  Which is exactly what those who oppose their message are trying to do.  

If these kids/young adults don't want to be part of the limelight, I would totally understand and respect their position to "step back"...and if they choose to remain as spokespeople for their cause they should expect to be questioned. To this point though...in most cases they aren't being questioned, but rather attacked, and part of that highlights their effectiveness because they aren't backing down and in turn it puts a spotlight on the people attacking them. Not questioning them...attacking them with personal insults and slights.

21 minutes ago, red321 said:

If these kids/young adults don't want to be part of the limelight, I would totally understand and respect their position to "step back"...and if they choose to remain as spokespeople for their cause they should expect to be questioned. To this point though...in most cases they aren't being questioned, but rather attacked, and part of that highlights their effectiveness because they aren't backing down and in turn it puts a spotlight on the people attacking them. Not questioning them...attacking them with personal insults and slights.

Right,  the personal insults are what’s happening.  I’m saying that the cheering on of those insults is just going to get louder and louder.  The insults worse and worse.  The further away we get from the event to more emboldend people will be about attacking them.  Once we’ve gotten to that point, and I believe we’re there.  It’s no longer productive for those kids or the argument they’re making to allow themselves to be the targets of these ghouls. 

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

I wonder.  What exactly is it that David Hogg said that makes personal insults fair game in the debate against his position ?

I'm guessing calling members of the NRA "child murders" or calling the Gov. of FL "Voldemort."  If name calling is part of his bag of tricks, it's pretty hypocritical to not expect that name calling would come back his way.