• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How much longer is this going to go on?

And how is it Butcher's fault that JD signed Blanton?  Is Butcher supposed to turn that pile of steaming crap into a quality arm?

It's the same broken record all the time and I'm not hearing a response to why Butcher is directly responsible for the guys JD brought to the team this season.  I'm sure Butcher was jumping for joy when he heard about Blanton.

It's not his fault that he was signed, and I am not saying that Blanton is the reason he should be fired. Conversely, can you name a reason why he should keep his gig? The success of Rodney, Santana, and even Kazmir after leaving his watch is a ringing indictment to me. Lets not even mention the team's pitching rankings so far this year. I know, injuries, minor leaguers blah blah blah...I think (my opinion) that they need a new voice in there. What the hell could it hurt?

It's not his fault that he was signed, and I am not saying that Blanton is the reason he should be fired. Conversely, can you name a reason why he should keep his gig? The success of Rodney, Santana, and even Kazmir after leaving his watch is a ringing indictment to me. Lets not even mention the team's pitching rankings so far this year. I know, injuries, minor leaguers blah blah blah...I think (my opinion) that they need a new voice in there. What the hell could it hurt?

I don't buy into the argument about post-Angels doing well, but you could certainly find ample evidence that many players left the team and INITIALLY began to perform.  Many of them, however, fizzed out after a short while.  Haren is not doing so hot; about what we had from him last year.  Rodney is starting to come down to Earth.  Kazmir?  Really?  It's been two years since any team wanted him.  Santana is the lone exception and he is a head case, so not surprised he's having a good year; next year he'll suck again.

Having said that, I can't defend the job JD has done; nor can I defend our staff.  I don't know of another AVAILABLE pitching coach that could work miracles with our pitching.  Do you?

I am realizing this team will not put together a consistent winning streak or even a collection of series wins in  row.  Although Weaver coming back may help, 4/5ths of the rotation can blow up on any given night.  So, on average, 2 of the 5 will have a poor outing each time thru and we will lose another because the offense will take at least one night off.  We got a bunch of quality starts recently from the rotation and still had a losing record.  There are just too many things wrong that can't be fixed. 

I am realizing this team will not put together a consistent winning streak or even a collection of series wins in  row.  Although Weaver coming back may help, 4/5ths of the rotation can blow up on any given night.  So, on average, 2 of the 5 will have a poor outing each time thru and we will lose another because the offense will take at least one night off.  We got a bunch of quality starts recently from the rotation and still had a losing record.  There are just too many things wrong that can't be fixed. 

I agree.  So does coach Mora.

9013775-large.jpg

I don't buy into the argument about post-Angels doing well, but you could certainly find ample evidence that many players left the team and INITIALLY began to perform.  Many of them, however, fizzed out after a short while.  Haren is not doing so hot; about what we had from him last year.  Rodney is starting to come down to Earth.  Kazmir?  Really?  It's been two years since any team wanted him.  Santana is the lone exception and he is a head case, so not surprised he's having a good year; next year he'll suck again.

Having said that, I can't defend the job JD has done; nor can I defend our staff.  I don't know of another AVAILABLE pitching coach that could work miracles with our pitching.  Do you?

Nope.

I was at the game. This team is the worst I have ever seen them and I go back to the 70's.  They don't even dive for the ball to try and get and out. They just let it go through.  As far as Blanton goes they can throw him in the garbage.  Dipoto should be fired over that one.

I was at the game too.  I didn't know you could learn all of that from one game, I'm impressed.

I was at the game. This team is the worst I have ever seen them and I go back to the 70's. They don't even dive for the ball to try and get and out. They just let it go through. As far as Blanton goes they can throw him in the garbage. Dipoto should be fired over that one.

agreed - why in the world was he signed in the first place ?!? He has always sucked - at least Hanson was once good their was a bit if hope of a return to form