• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will David Fletcher ever start in a MLB game?

On 3/22/2018 at 12:30 PM, totdprods said:

Why? I think he's capable of league-average offense, .270/.330/.370/.700, and superb defense, all for ~$500k. Big savings.

On 3/22/2018 at 1:36 PM, GrittyVeterans said:

Why would he be capable of that when he just put up a .650 OPS in AA/AAA last season? He's a utility guy, nothing more. If he can be Maicer Izturis that would be a big win for us. Izzy put up an .851 OPS in his age 23 season at AAA. Fletcher put up a .607 at AAA last year. He doesn't draw walks and he doesn't hit for power. Hit tool is okay but not good enough to make him a starter by itself.

He's almost 24 too, so the odds of him improving are beginning to go down at a rapid rate.

I agree

22 minutes ago, nate said:

This is one of those threads where you are happy to see you never posted in

Or don’t say stupid stuff.  Imagine actually thinking he wouldn’t start an MLB game or that someone in the organization was holding him back when he had a 4% walk rate in the minors 

On 3/22/2018 at 7:21 AM, Rollinghard said:

I don't know all his defensive stats but this guy looks super solid to me. Has good fundamentals and range.  He looks confident out there. His approach at the plate seems to be the same. Is there room for a NEW guy like this in a starting line up or do you have to have the ability to hit 15-20 HRS?  Has launch angles replaced the the line drive single hitter? Which is better for a team, a player who hits .265 with 20 hrs or a guy who hits .295 with 2 hrs? I like the the .295 guy because it's better entertainment. Base running(1st to 3rd, scoring from 2nd on a base hit), bunting, stealing and plays at the plate.    

MLB scout-worthy post.