• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will David Fletcher ever start in a MLB game?

11 minutes ago, totdprods said:

....I can very well see them retaining Valbuena for the sake of depth if they're in the thick of it still come July 13th, and I imagine they'll hold onto him through those two series as well.....

I am not a Valbuena fan (Eppler's worst move in my opinion) but I'm not sure why we couldn't keep him for depth and play Fletcher and/or Fernandez....Maybe a clubhouse thing, where they don't want a veteran guy creating issues......but just because he's under contract doesn't mean he has to play every day...although that seems to sometimes be Scioscia's rule.....

Just now, DMVol said:

I am not a Valbuena fan (Eppler's worst move in my opinion) but I'm not sure why we couldn't keep him for depth and play Fletcher and/or Fernandez....Maybe a clubhouse thing, where they don't want a veteran guy creating issues......but just because he's under contract doesn't mean he has to play every day...although that seems to sometimes be Scioscia's rule.....

He's just super streaky - he did OPS something like .900 for most of the second half last year I think - almost entirely driven by HR, but still a ~.900 OPS. 

His production this year has also come in bunches, it just hasn't sustained. I think the Angels are hoping he gets on a run like last year - if he gets to a point where he sustains his power surge for a couple weeks, he becomes a bigger contributor than we give him credit for. Holding out hope for that could also lead to someone nabbing him as a left-handed power source off the bench for a contender at the deadline. 

I imagine he'll be here through end of July, but do think after that there won't be much reason for him to get any playing time. It'll be time to play the kids.

• 2 months later...
On 3/22/2018 at 2:30 PM, totdprods said:

Why? I think he's capable of league-average offense, .270/.330/.370/.700, and superb defense, all for ~$500k. Big savings.

On 3/22/2018 at 3:41 PM, Lou said:

Seriously?

That would have put him in the top 4-5 hitters on the team last year. 

On 3/22/2018 at 3:36 PM, GrittyVeterans said:

Why would he be capable of that when he just put up a .650 OPS in AA/AAA last season? He's a utility guy, nothing more. If he can be Maicer Izturis that would be a big win for us. Izzy put up an .851 OPS in his age 23 season at AAA. Fletcher put up a .607 at AAA last year. He doesn't draw walks and he doesn't hit for power. Hit tool is okay but not good enough to make him a starter by itself.

He's almost 24 too, so the odds of him improving are beginning to go down at a rapid rate. The minors seem way too challenging for this kid, that's all I'm saying.

On 3/23/2018 at 10:10 AM, VariousCrap said:

That is called: Wishful Thinking.

Currently slashing .282/.322/.369/.691 with 1.1 dWAR ?

On 9/5/2018 at 12:48 PM, totdprods said:

Currently slashing .282/.322/.369/.691 with 1.1 dWAR ?

You are wrong most of the time with your predictions, so I don't blame you for bragging about this one. ?

I'm glad Fletcher has proven me wrong and you right.  I really like him. 

I believe I was the one who started this thread. You know Trolling Hard. Eye for talent and grit. Thank you. Love this guy. Just for the entertainment value alone, he is worth every dime he is being paid. Also, Angels should have played EY jr.  exclusively when Cole was struggling. He too, is very entertaining and might have broke out. Blash and Chris Young  are just horrible. How can a guy like Blash, with that stupid batting stance, even get an AB at the ML level is beyond me. He is an embarrassment to the Angels.  Who is the coach that saw that batting stance and said "yeah, go ahead and try it" ?  Really!

• 7 months later...
3 hours ago, totdprods said:

How far we’ve come...

"We" as in AW haven't come very far at all... we still post stupid stuff. 

Now, Fletcher on the other hand has come really far.  He's almost a semi regular... If only Scioscia would wake up and play him every day.  Oh wait...

• 1 year later...