• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Madson rehab assignment in IE tonight

nate

Homebrewer, I don't have anything against you.  Not everyone sees situations the same, and there are valid differing opinions throughout this site.  Not everyone agrees how the situation with the team should be corrected.  In the end that is up to Arte to decide, he owns the team, not the fans.

Fair enough.

I hope Arte is having fun, because the fans are not.

After the 09 season, Based on the Mathis love affair alone... I would have let Scioscia go.

Arte gave him a lifetime contract instead. Then he promoted a nobody named Reagins to be a front man for Scioscia.

It has been all downhill from there.

Arte has tried hard, and spent money, but his decisions after the 09 season have been mostly disastrous.

One bad move after another. They are piling up on him, and his team sucks, he owes half a billion in bad contracts, that are getting worse, and his stadium is empty.

Yes, I don't own this team...but I could have run it better, and I saw the mistakes he was making, as he was making them.

None of this is hindsight.

I wish I had been wrong.

Fair enough.

I hope Arte is having fun, because the fans are not.

After the 09 season, Based on the Mathis love affair alone... I would have let Scioscia go.

Arte gave him a lifetime contract instead. Then he promoted a nobody named Reagins to be a front man for Scioscia.

It has been all downhill from there.

Arte has tried hard, and spent money, but his decisions after the 09 season have been mostly disastrous.

One bad move after another. They are piling up on him, and his team sucks, he owes half a billion in bad contracts, that are getting worse, and his stadium is empty.

Yes, I don't own this team...but I could have run it better, and I saw the mistakes he was making, as he was making them.

None of this is hindsight.

I wish I had been wrong.

This team performed quite well after the slow start in 2012.  There were plenty of reasons to be optimistic.  Trout was clicking, Pujols was clicking, and players were settling into defined roles nicely.  I think Arte and DiPoto got a little full of themselves thinking they could change it into something much better, it looks like they could not.  They changed it into something worse, something ugly and inflexible, and Scioscia and his staff can't make soup out of garbage.  That's my take. Who will go and who will stay is up to Arte, it's his team and eventually it will be his decision alone.