• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kershaw's and other Dodgers' thoughts on failed pursuit of Ohtani...“Just a gigantic waste of time..."

As far as the dodgers more rings than angels one BS. Its not hard...one team has existed way longer.

Europe has more history than America.

The dodgers themselves took some 50 years to win their first. More relevant, though...how many have they won since free agency and expansion?

Teams like ny, boston and SF can brag about rings. Theyve all won multiple, and all won recently. But the dodger "6 rings" argument, IMO, is kind of cheesy. They absolutely count. But the game is completely different from pre and post FA. Not to mention expanding leagues, playoffs, etc.

In 2008 and 2014 for example, we had the best record in baseball. That used to be the pennant....a world series appearance.

This system was in place until 1969. 4 of the dodgers 6 rings came while this was the format. They have 2 since then....one more than we do.

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

The worst thing in fandom, in my opinion, is seasons like the Angels have been having (Ohtani playing excepted).  Good lord, I would LOVE for the Angels to lose the World Series in five games, rather than turn the page starting in May.

i'm completely with you on this.

the excitement of getting to the WS was unbelieveable. hope to see it again a few more times before i take the big dirt nap.

19 hours ago, Mark68 said:

Yeah, but now it's been 9 seasons since they've won one. 

We have as many championships in this century as the Yankees.

We have as many in this decade...

If the Skanks fail to win the 2019 WS, it will mark just the 2nd decade (also 1980s) after the 1910s where they didn't win any WS titles.

If the Skanks fail to make it to the 2019 WS, it will be the first decade since the 1910s in which they failed to make it to the WS.

• 2 years later...
4 hours ago, Angel Dog and Beer said:

World Champions*

*60-game season

For perspective

Last year, the Dodgers won it all after 60 games

This year, after 60 games, theyre in 3rd place.... with "lots of baseball left to be played"

They won it fair and square. But anyone who considers last year a real season.... no

The "season" was one month longer than spring training. And there was no spring training. (Not a real one anyway, wasnt it like 2 weeks?)

Roger Maris had an asterisk for decades because of 8 games. And I sort of agree with that, too

Just now, Lou said:

The nba at least played 90% of their regular amount of games. MLB played 40%.

Very true. I just think with the whole stop and start thing, nothing was "real". I feel like any sport played last year was simply the leagues trying to recoup so much money losses.

Seems like a million years ago now. But anyone remember circa last year, before the riots kicked off but covid shut down the world.... and we were treated to guys playing maddon and cornhole on the sports networks?

..... and we actually watched 😞