• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday : 2/24 Angels vs Brewers

Spirit

1 minute ago, fan_since79 said:

People here are impatient now for spectacular results, given the last decade of this team's struggles.

Understandable, but I'd like to think that fans take the long-term view of this team and see how much it's progressed.  I do feel that Ohtani's first season will be disappointing to some who are truly expecting "the second coming of Babe Ruth."  

As I said, if he pitches 120-130 IP (realistic, considering he only pitched 25 innings last year) and pitches like a #2/#3 on a rookie contract, while generating some decent ABs as a DH, and I'll be very, very excited.

We have some young pitchers on this team who could form a great nucleus for us moving forward.

8 minutes ago, Ohtani&Trout said:

The hype surrounding Ohtani is fully warranted. I'm going to be expecting a #1 this year.

It might be warranted based on how he performed in Japan, but again, not ideal.  Baseball is a rough sport, and he'll need to adjust to all sorts of different things all at once.  I have faith he'll be great for us, but to expect him to be an instant-ace out of the gates.. that's rough.

14 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I love how people are adjusting expectations on Ohtani after his first start. In Spring Training. In February.

I don't think adjusting is the correct word.  Reminding people that it's hard for someone to immediately dominate everyone in baseball is a rough bar.  I don't think anyone is suggesting that he's going to flame out, but rather that it's tough to be an instant-ace.